+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: IE Blank Page Problem..

RBW Member Pinch is an unknown quantity at this point Pinch's Avatar

IE Blank Page Problem..

Hi All,

Please can I get some help !!

I am trying to access RBW forum pages and my browser (IE6) just loads a blank page and says 'Done' in the bottom left corner.

I have been looking on the net but can't find much about it. Has anyone else experianced this? and by any chance know a fix?

Many Thanks and Safe Diving

Pinch

RBW Member DaveP is an unknown quantity at this point DaveP's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic, Mk 6

Evolution, Lama LBS

Re: IE Blank Page Problem..

I've got the same problem. Up until two weeks ago everything was fine, now all I get is blank pages. As far as I know nothing has been changed on my computer. I'm running Windows XP & IE6.

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Does it only happen with IE or does it happen with other browsers too?

Stuart

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP
    I'm running Windows XP & IE6.
    I am using same, but no problem. So not sure if it is IE6...

New Member Diver Den is an unknown quantity at this point Diver Den's Avatar

Hi all
    I have had lots of problems this last few weeks. I have just changed a browser setting security level to medium and hey presto I,m back in business.

Dennis Vessey

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Could you let me know what the difference is between high and medium security and then maybe I can try and work out what the problem is.

But good job finding the problem

Stuart

RBW Member DaveP is an unknown quantity at this point DaveP's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic, Mk 6

Evolution, Lama LBS

Hi Stuart,

I've tried changing the security settings and it doesn't make any difference. My computer at work can read all the posts and that is also on Windows XP and IE6. My home computer was able to read all posts up until about three weeks ago. It can occasionally read a post if there have been no replies to it but just displays a blank page when there is a post with one or more replies. I am able to read posts ok from other forums. Hope this helps.

Dave

RBW Member Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck's Avatar
    Dolphin

With Internet Explorer you can provide specific web addresses that are ‘safe.’

If the IE user selects- ‘tools’ and pulls down the menu to ‘internet options’ then select internet options.
    Move to the third tab across called ‘Privacy’ and then look at the bottom of the page called ‘web sites’ and select click on the ‘edit’ button.
    Top of the screen will be called “per site privacy actions.”
    At this point you will be able to add “http://www.rebreatherworld.com” and select add.
    In the box below it should site dominion which is rebreather world and below setting it will say ‘always.’
    This should allow the user direct access to the site.

Screen shoot- http://www.rebreatherworld.com/galle...age.php?i=1380

Another thing that could be limiting access is the reporting to scubasitesranked.com.
    I am sure that this is a cookie for the site and provides ranking but if you have ‘high security’ selected it could considers it a malicious tracking or spy where tool.

I would try the access for rebreatherworld after adding it to the safe web sites page.
    Then if you have further problems please let me know.
    For disclosure purposes- I use firefox “stick it to Bill Gates!”

Regards, Andrew
    Last edited by Crazyduck; 15th December 2005 at 16:06.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP
    Hi Stuart,

I've tried changing the security settings and it doesn't make any difference. My computer at work can read all the posts and that is also on Windows XP and IE6. My home computer was able to read all posts up until about three weeks ago. It can occasionally read a post if there have been no replies to it but just displays a blank page when there is a post with one or more replies. I am able to read posts ok from other forums. Hope this helps.

Dave
    Dave to help me try isolate the problem - Does firefox or Opera work on your pc?

Stuart

New Member Diver Den is an unknown quantity at this point Diver Den's Avatar

Stu
    I,m still getting on the post sites whatever i did seemed to have worked although it is very slow moving from a blank screen I,m using ME.

Dennis;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast