+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Problem after Changing MAV Hoses.

Dave Mitchell akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst's Avatar
    KISS Classic Explorer

Kiss Classic

Problem after Changing MAV Hoses.

Hi All,

I just recently changed my MAV hoses from the old SS ones to regular scuba hoses. With these new hoses, the MAV button is really hard to push when it's charged. When the O2 is off, it feels like normal. Same parts as the Jetsam kit except regular hoses instead of Miflex.

I haven't dissasembled it to look at it but I'm suspecting that the increased flow through the new hoses is the reason. Anybody else seen this?

Thanks,

Dave

Supporting Member kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone is just really nice kevin stone's Avatar
    Classic Kiss Hammerhead

Sport Kiss Hammerhead

Re: Problem after Changing MAV Hoses.

Do you have the hoses flipped?

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

flow will make no difference. The bit that dictates button stiffness is pressure and surface area of the piston head.

So... either your IP has increased, or you introduced some shit (technical term) into the mav when you changed the hoses (easily done). I'd check the IP first, but its more likely to be the latter.

Helium Addict O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver is a glorious beacon of light O.C.Diver's Avatar

Remove the hose from the MAV that goes to the RB head. See if that solves the problem. If so, there may be a blockage in that hose.

Ted

Dave Mitchell akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst has a spectacular aura about akscubainst's Avatar
    KISS Classic Explorer

Kiss Classic

Thanks Guys, I screwed it up and reversed the hoses works great now!

Dave

+ Reply to Thread