+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Know what you're shooting

Banned Beckave is a jewel in the rough Beckave is a jewel in the rough Beckave is a jewel in the rough Beckave is a jewel in the rough Beckave is a jewel in the rough Beckave is a jewel in the rough Beckave is a jewel in the rough Beckave's Avatar
    Megalodon

Evolution, Pathfinder

Know what you're shooting

Tips and tricks to underwater and topside videography / editing.

from Liquid Productions, LLC on Vimeo.

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Re: Know what you're shooting

Becky,

Nice job & great information...

It's the details & planning that turn good video's in great ones....

Lot's of folks think that they can buy decent equipment, just go out there and shoot, then come back and edit a masterpiece in a few hours....

Doesn't quite work that way if you want to output the really good stuff....

Richie

RebreatherWorld Sponsor Liesbeth has a spectacular aura about Liesbeth has a spectacular aura about Liesbeth has a spectacular aura about Liesbeth has a spectacular aura about Liesbeth has a spectacular aura about Liesbeth has a spectacular aura about Liesbeth's Avatar

Becky,

great tips and a nice podcast overall!
    I would like to add one tip. Learn to keep the camera stable underwater. There is too much underwater video on the net that requires seasickness medicine before viewing. :D

Liesbeth

Andy Favata CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker has a spectacular aura about CCR-Wrecker's Avatar
    rEvo

Inspiration, Kiss classic

Becky,

Great info, thanks
    you make it sound so easy. That's why your the pro!

Andy

John Harcus jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver is just really nice jdicediver's Avatar
    rEvo

Copis Megalodon

Great job Becky...looking forward to using some of your tips...great samples of vids in the clip BTW. Nicely done.

Banned Beckave is a jewel in the rough Beckave is a jewel in the rough Beckave is a jewel in the rough Beckave is a jewel in the rough Beckave is a jewel in the rough Beckave is a jewel in the rough Beckave is a jewel in the rough Beckave's Avatar
    Megalodon

Evolution, Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by jdicediver  View Original Post
    Great job Becky...looking forward to using some of your tips...great samples of vids in the clip BTW. Nicely done.

Thanks Jdicediver, thats what I was going for when I made it. Its so easy to ask for tips but if anyone else is like me, I'm a visual person and there is nothing like examples! I hope it helps a few people out!

Becky

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Hi Becky,

Thanks for posting! Lots of good tips, straightforward and honest

Both computers at home and work are having a little trouble playing this video, some start and stoping, maybe the bit rate is high or both of my computers need more RAM.

Best regards,
    Last edited by Chett.L; 15th December 2008 at 22:29.
    Chett. L

Banned dgschott is on a distinguished road dgschott is on a distinguished road dgschott's Avatar

Hi Chett - Sorry about that. That is how Vimeo encodes our files. We we are working to get them as a stand alone on our sytem so we can have a high quality and a low quality option. That also gives us the ability possibly push faster data, know what encode is used so we can be pretty sure that it will stream quickly for cable or dsl.

Anyone else having the same problem, stuttering video?

Thanks!

David Schott

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    Hi Becky,

Thanks for posting! Lots of good tips, straightforward and honest

Both computers at home and work are having a little trouble playing this video, some start and stoping, maybe the bit rate is high or both of my computers need more RAM.

Best regards,