+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Service After the Sale With SDS???

RBW Member JIMWOODALL is an unknown quantity at this point JIMWOODALL's Avatar

Service After the Sale With SDS???

Does anyone have trouble getting AP rebreathers fixed? we bought two and they almost seem like they dont care your unit is broke...HP hoses, battery problems, More with electronics. send lid off to SDS they won't call, let you know anything, then when you finally get to talk to someone, they didnt listen, or read the list of problems we had. they tell me 3-4 MORE weeks after a month with them, No spares to use to build my time for advanced class in March, No way to expidite. Maby I'm old school, But I believe in customer service after the sale. Makes it worse when you drop 10k+.....Is it just our bad luck?????

Unbanned cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn has a reputation beyond repute cramerdn's Avatar

Re: Service After the Sale With SDS???

SDS has been good and bad for me in the past. When it has been bad I had to email APD to get them to get SDS to answer.

When things were working well I got my parts within 2 days of calling and paying with CC over the phone.

When I asked about services last they said 4-8 weeks and no expedited service. I was not amused.

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

SDS will make sure you are taken care of, the only question is what you consider a reasonable turn around time.

For service, Ed is pretty much a one man shop, when he fixes something, it is done right the first time.

Something to keep in mind right now;
    1. Its winter, so more people than normal are sending in their units for yearly service.
    2. It is the holiday season, and everyone deserves some time off.
    3. If it is battery issues, and other stuff that your LDS can take care of, it is better to go through them.
    Something that I learned is that US customers are set up differently than the rest of the world. Everyone else can go through APDirect and order parts....we need to go through LDS or SDS (no web order). For small service issues, take to LDS/Instructor's shop and SDS will ship parts to the LDS/instructor, overseas it seems like you can just ring AP directly. Bottom line, US evo/inspo owners just need to be a little more resourceful and patient than the rest of the world.

****not justifying anything, just stating my experience, and I live just south of SDS!****

RBW Member JIMWOODALL is an unknown quantity at this point JIMWOODALL's Avatar

Thanks
    I know I get impatient sometimes, They are polite when we do talk,but my main concern was if I sell a unit to someone, how do I explain why A. they seem to be having these problems, B.why it takes so long. Remember this is not your average purchase, I believe in the product, thats why I want to sell them,(not yet just got set up as dealer.) but I alos own several buisiness and my word to someone is it... I will do everything to make my customer happy..I just feel like communication is paramont, and Im not the type to keep calling someone, i feel like I'm bothering them..antway thahks for replys guys..safe diving..
    Last edited by JIMWOODALL; 14th December 2008 at 16:37.

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JIMWOODALL  View Original Post
    Thanks
    I know I get impatient sometimes, They are polite when we do talk,but my main concern was if I sell a unit to someone, how do I explain why A. they seem to be having these problems, B.why it takes so long. Remember this is not your average purchase, I believe in the product, thats why I want to sell them,(not yet just got set up as dealer.) but I alos own several buisiness and my word to someone is it... I will do everything to make my customer happy..I just feel like communication is paramont, and Im not the type to keep calling someone, i feel like I'm bothering them..antway thahks for replys guys..safe diving..
    Sent you a PM on how to sell to someone who is not/or is certified and get electronics changed over with SDS.

Supporting Member DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill has a reputation beyond repute DWill's Avatar
    HammerHead

Dolphin

I'm very glad I have a HammerHead CCR.
    Nothing but top notch customer service.

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by DWill  View Original Post
    I'm very glad I have a HammerHead CCR.
    Nothing but top notch customer service.
    Doug

Why don't you buy all of us (never mind just start with me) a HH CCR so we can be as happy as you are?:)

It is Christmas and you have been such a good boy this year sharing your vast HH experience it only seems right that you step it up a notch and make out day on Christmas morning with a new HH CCR under the tree. Plus you will earn big Kudo's with Kevin.

Well you at it include a all expense paid round trip to Utah so I that I can get my crossover done.

John

RBW Member WestMarine is an unknown quantity at this point WestMarine's Avatar

All I want is a first stage service kit FS101 to get my new unit up and running again seems parts are always out of stock and no one returns emails from SDS. The few dealers I know in Ontario are also having problems with parts that are always on back order a frustrating dilemma.
    Last edited by WestMarine; 15th December 2008 at 05:45.

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestMarine  View Original Post
    All I want is a first stage service kit FS101 to get my new unit up and running again seems parts are always out of stock and no one returns emails from SDS. The few dealers I know in Ontario are also having problems with parts that are always on back order a frustrating dilemma.
    Arn't they Apeks...? Any aqualung dealer should be able to supply, willing is another question, on the other hand...

RebreatherExpress.com and DiveSports.com both offer kits for the LDS challenged...

-Tim

Phil Siswick, Tango PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick has a reputation beyond repute PhilSiswick's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

APD Inspiration, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    Arn't they Apeks...? Any aqualung dealer should be able to supply, willing is another question, on the other hand...

RebreatherExpress.com and DiveSports.com both offer kits for the LDS challenged...

-Tim
    If they are the newer units (not sure after when, but my 11/2006 unit has them), then the first stages are AP manufactured. Therefore, they may well use a different service kit.

Cheers,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast