+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marine Quest - NE UK

RBW Member Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon's Avatar
    Evolution

Inspiration

Marine Quest - NE UK

I'm looking for anyone who uses the above boat regularly to buddy up with, or anyone interested in driving up there regularly.

It's the only boat within a 4 hour drive that I know of that works through the winter. I belive it's going up to the Forth for Jan/Feb but that's still within range for me.

Any other recomendations welcome.

RBW Member SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ is a jewel in the rough SteveJ's Avatar

Re: Marine Quest - NE UK

See my post today on YD. Fully recommended.

Steve

RBW Member SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK is a glorious beacon of light SimonK's Avatar

I dive with them when I get the chance, usually go solo but don't mind buddying up (apparently its a good idea??)

Simon

RBW Member Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon has a spectacular aura about Ivon's Avatar
    Evolution

Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK  View Original Post
    I dive with them when I get the chance, usually go solo but don't mind buddying up (apparently its a good idea??)

Simon
    It's good to know that they will allow solo diving. Do you just book, turn up and dive solo?

I prefer diving with a buddy but needs must, if you fancy a dive let me know.

Sport Kiss 061 albal is an unknown quantity at this point albal's Avatar

When I book with Ian and Jim, I tend to just turn up and if there is someone who wants a buddy then I will likely dive with them.

I am still diving OC despite having a sport kiss in my garage (soon to go on the market when I take some photos and post an advert!) for a while now, but there are normally a few lone divers on most trips willing to buddy up either with OC or CC - failing that as mentioned some lone divers dive solo.

They are putting their new boat in next year so there may be even more opportunities and they are putting people on some good stuff.

Cant really fault them and will try and get a few dives with them myself over the winter - saves trailing over to the sea lochs on the west for a dive

Regards
    AlBal

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Quote Originally Posted by Ivon  View Original Post
    I'm looking for anyone who uses the above boat regularly to buddy up with, or anyone interested in driving up there regularly.

It's the only boat within a 4 hour drive that I know of that works through the winter. I belive it's going up to the Forth for Jan/Feb but that's still within range for me.

Any other recomendations welcome.
    I thought you boycotted boats with "no-lift" policy.......

Brent
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

Evolution

Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by divetheworld  View Original Post
    I thought you boycotted boats with "no-lift" policy.......

Brent
    Brent, desperate times mean desperate measures.

I forgot about Spellbinder too so that will be the first port of call.

RBW Member wreckieteckie is an unknown quantity at this point wreckieteckie's Avatar

i'm up there with marine quest quite regular but have thesame trouble as you
    being divorced i have my daughter every other weekend so sometimes i can't get a buddy to go
    well plenty numpties but no one that's ccr or trimix
    so your more than welcome to drop me a line when you fancy going
    ps simon k is a pleasure todive with
    cheers
    scott

RBW Member Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham will become famous soon enough Gary Graham's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

KISS Classic

Quote Originally Posted by albal  View Original Post
    They are putting their new boat in next year so there may be even more opportunities and they are putting people on some good stuff.

Regards
    AlBal
    Their new boat, Silver Sky is now in use. It's bigger than the old one, lot more deck space and with a sheltered area to relax and have a brew out of the wind after a dive.

Still a "no-lift" policy though

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Graham  View Original Post
    Their new boat, Silver Sky is now in use. It's bigger than the old one, lot more deck space and with a sheltered area to relax and have a brew out of the wind after a dive.

Still a "no-lift" policy though
    The new one is a nice boat, that shelter is much appreciated, especially when I was on it at the end of December, must've been -10 with windchill on deck at least.

Could do with something along the middle of the deck to brace your feet against when kitting up, couple of us had a few spills :)

I've not come across such keen and helpful skippers as Jim & Iain, they're my first choice. It's also nice to dive on wrecks that haven't been ripped apart so the no lift policy gets my vote.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast