+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Classic Inspiration module 1 passed yesterday

New Member Steve S is an unknown quantity at this point Steve S's Avatar

Thumbs up Classic Inspiration module 1 passed yesterday

Hi All,

just a quick one regarding the above which I passed yesterday.

Last year I did a CCR try-dive at stoney cove with Matt Robinson of www.mrdiving.co.uk and really enjoyed it, however I could not justify the expense of buying one, actually SWMBO would not allow me to buy one

That changed when I suffered an "undeserved" vestibular bend in july and during my lay off I was exploring other options to try and offset the risk of another hit so naturally CCR seemed the logical option to run with.

After advice from YD RB users and some excellent stuff on RBW I decided to go for Classic mod' 1 but hold off the purchasing of a unit until I was sure that I could get on with it thinking better to waste a few hundred pounds than a few thousand

Midland Rebreather Diver training,

What can I say about Matt he really is a top bloke and this was by far the most challenging and enjoyable course I have undertaken to date, and most of the latter was due to his excellent style of instruction, I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone thinking of CCR training.

I had heard and read of experienced OC divers saying that CCR training is worse than starting from scratch as the stuff you know can hinder you case in point the pool work sinking rapidly to the 5m bottom and clearing the mask only to find you cannot breathe you soon find out where the dil' add button is

3 hours in the pool flew by with me deciding that if SWMBO could be convinced I would get one asap, luckily after explaining the operation of the dynamic O2 injection and the resulting rich offgassing mix that ensures, coupled with the reduced N2 of CC Tracy has come to realise that a CCR could be justified on medical grounds

The open water dives,

TBH after diving for years with twinsets weighing 69kg+ I felt at first too light in the water with the YBOD although Matt said he thought I was slightly overweighted but I managed to avoid yo yo ascents and descents and breathing warm air really did make a difference being at 22m for run times of 80 mins without feeling any cold at all.

Matt taught all the skills that had sounded like huge task loading before the course but as I got into it they became easier and for the last dive he even allowed me to open the adv I have not downloaded from my computor yet but reckon I clocked up over 12 hours in water.

In conclusion I am extremely grateful to Matt for his instruction, help and advice and I am now in the market for a low hours unit prefferably not from the ebay 1 days listing ones though ;) also do you think I could I get a unit and some change from £200 finally can I apologise in advance for the many questions that I will be asking over the coming months ;)

Safe diving,
    Steve

RBW Member John Speers is an unknown quantity at this point John Speers's Avatar

Re: Classic Inspiration module 1 passed yesterday

Good on you, Steve.

RB's are like kids, once you have one, you could never think of life with out one.

Made in England. Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk.'s Avatar
    Viale C.Colombo 75 Marina di Carrara. MS 54036 Italy

Quote Originally Posted by John Speers
    Good on you, Steve.

RB's are like kids, once you have one, you could never think of life with out one.
    And then maybe you can get two.............like me................kids that is. :o

Congratulations Steve!!

RBW Writer MAD is on a distinguished road MAD is on a distinguished road MAD's Avatar

Well done Steve and welcome into the fold... there's really no going back now!!!!

Matt is a spot on bloke and is very thorough in his teaching... did my Mod1 with him about a year ago... excellent. In fact I may still be on his website under the "Students" section...

Now you need to get a unit and get some hours in.

If you need anybody to splash with anytime, drop me a p.m.

Cheers Bud,

Mark

New Member Steve S is an unknown quantity at this point Steve S's Avatar

Cheers for the kind words Guys

Safe diving,
    Steve

Well done Steve,

Welcome to the silent world, As son as you find yourself a unit dive every muddy puddle that you can to gain experience before next season.

John
    Kent tooling

+ Reply to Thread