+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Near death Co2 hit in Cocos August

Made in England. Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk.'s Avatar
    Viale C.Colombo 75 Marina di Carrara. MS 54036 Italy

Re: Near death Co2 hit in Cocos August

Quote Originally Posted by rogeringebo
    How does the full face mask work?
    Can I plug in any reg to it? Do I need to modify it to dive my CK with OC/DSV? Is there a rebreather model?
    How much would it be?
    All ideas/views/tips are most wellcome
    Cheers
    Rodge
    Gabrielesub has written nice article about it on this site!!

Such is my point of view 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned's Avatar

Link to SuperMask/M48 at Kirby Morgan:
    http://www.kirbymorgan.com/products/m48.html
    Shows detaching and mouthpiece in and out of mouth
    (Upper and lower parts can be used independently)
    (Mouthpiece is hooked on the left side, locked in on the right side)
    Easy to exchange the lower part for CC/OC- or OC- (lower)part.
    The military CC/OC lower part has a nice tie-in-support for use with a mouthpiece to relieve potential jaw fatigue.

I believe there is plenty of costumers for this mask, despite the high price and the bad peripheral view it allows.
    Would surely help a lot of RBdivers in trouble.

Do divers have more wet dreams?
    Last edited by 2stoned; 5th December 2005 at 15:58.

Made in England. Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk. has a spectacular aura about Nick uk.'s Avatar
    Viale C.Colombo 75 Marina di Carrara. MS 54036 Italy

Sounds like a build up of Co2, rather than a lack of O2. Probebly due to overexurtion, did you have a hard time of it on the surface, maybe once leaving the boat to reach the down line, then the episode with the OC diver, and then compounding matters with i reckon a fairly rapid descent (hand over hand) on the down line pushing ppCo2 up, even with the unit in perfect working order, and therefore with enough O2 in the loop to sustain life, the build up of Co2 would, 'could' have been enough!! Remember, Co2 can render you unconscious even if there is O2 present, the fact that there is no Co2 sensor means that there wouldn't have been any alarms!!

Thats my theory anyway!!

Such is my point of view 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned's Avatar

Very plausible I would say, Nick uk
    CO2 is a bitch
    If you are right, only a CO2 alarm would have helped.
    A FullFaceMask would only help prevent any further mishaps.

When someone brings a working/reliable CO2 monitor/alarm to market, I hope a lot of the RBdivers will find a way to integrate it.
    A lot of unnecessary worry, pain and agony could be avoided this way.

Kozmik, good story, glad you made it out of there.
    Kudos to your buddy Ralph, what a mate!
    Sometimes a good buddy is just priceless.
    Last edited by 2stoned; 5th December 2005 at 16:14.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

Re: FFM

Quote Originally Posted by 2stoned
    ... SuperMask/M48 at Kirby Morgan ... military CC/OC lower part
    The keyword here is 'military' and should be 'government only'.
    Kirby-Morgan for some dumb reason or other refuses to sell the RB pod to civillians, even though two, three years ago they plastered the masks with the RB pods all over the DEMA show floors. YBOD, PRISM, Meg, Azi, you name it, there was a M48 with RB pod on it.

There are a few that made it into private hands but weren't supposed to.
    A DSV can be mounted to the OC pod, but by the time you have a bigger BOV on the loose bellows it's a half-assed proposition. And the BOV is what will supply fresh gas. Removing the pod and inserting a 2nd stage is only slightly better than the normal setup when a diver is unconcious.

Imho a converted AGA or a Widolf with BOV is a better solution than a M48 without BOV.
    I really wish Conny Morgan would get her shit together and sell the RB pod to RB divers.

RBW Member Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck is a jewel in the rough Crazyduck's Avatar
    Dolphin

Well give the woman a call and invite her to join the group and see what she is missing in sales.
    http://www.kirbymorgan.com/contact.html

While your at it call Oceanic and tell them that they heads up display masks sucks and is a pipe dream. :)

I think we need to start inviting manufatures to this site and let them see first hand what they are missing out on.

Glad to hear everyone involved with this accident was ok, and Kudos for the buddy for an excellent job.

Quote Originally Posted by caveseeker7
    I really wish Conny Morgan would get her shit together and sell the RB pod to RB divers.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Probably because they get better prices selling to the military.

If they start selling the same mask to the civilian market at the lower prices that we would pay, how can they explain it to the military... :)

Bubbless Box of Death Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis is a splendid one to behold Genesis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by decoweenie
    Probably because they get better prices selling to the military.

If they start selling the same mask to the civilian market at the lower prices that we would pay, how can they explain it to the military... :)
    Uh, actually, it works something like this over here in the US....

You sell the same product to the US government at a higher price than you sell it to the general public, you have committed a crime.

You'll notice that a lot of products that the military (or government in general) has may have civilian "counterparts", but they are NOT the same.

Now you know why....

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Imho a converted AGA or a Widolf with BOV is a better solution than a M48 without BOV.
    So why not just make a conversion for the KM48? (its a flat plastic plate) Its no harder than making a converter for an AGA or Widolf.

RBW Member decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie has a reputation beyond repute decoweenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis
    Uh, actually, it works something like this over here in the US....

You sell the same product to the US government at a higher price than you sell it to the general public, you have committed a crime.
    I believe we are saying the same thing.

And uh, being an American I actually do know very well how things work in the US...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2