+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alternate to Christolube MCG 111/129

Aerospace Lubricants, Inc. TRIBOLUBE71 is an unknown quantity at this point TRIBOLUBE71's Avatar

Alternate to Christolube MCG 111/129

We are glad to be part of this site and I hope to supply good information to Rebreather world's forum. I wish to also offer An Alternate to the widely used Christolube to the diving industry as a whole. The family of products we manufacture is a complete package. The package includes O2 grease, Protectant, and a solvent to easily clean the grease off. This is an attempt to offer everything a diver needs to operate safely an offer peace of mind as you are out there diving. If you have an interest we are willing to send you a sample to test and evaluate on your semi closed and closed circuit rebreather. Tribolube 71 and Tribolube 66 are O2 compatible in 100% O2 environments. This is not a retail thread as we are the manufacturer we are interested in those that might consider to become distribution networks for the product. I would like to thank you in advance for your interest and participation. If you email me I can send you the testing documents and technicals on the product

Heather Knowles NEwreckdiver will become famous soon enough NEwreckdiver will become famous soon enough NEwreckdiver will become famous soon enough NEwreckdiver's Avatar
    Prism 2, Prism Topaz

Re: Alternate to Christolube MCG 111/129

I used the T-71 grease on my head o-rings last weekend and it works very nicely. Spreads easily, and the bucket slides on nicely ... no mess, don't need to use a lot. I got tired of using the silicone grease we were advised to use during our training on the head o-rings. For one, it made no sense chemically and two, it was a huge mess every time.

Heather

Quote Originally Posted by TRIBOLUBE71  View Original Post
    If you have an interest we are willing to send you a sample to test and evaluate on your semi closed and closed circuit rebreather. Tribolube 71 and Tribolube 66 are O2 compatible in 100% O2 environments.

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

What's the difference between 71 and 66?

(I'm a math professor, so please don't say "5")

Aerospace Lubricants, Inc. TRIBOLUBE71 is an unknown quantity at this point TRIBOLUBE71's Avatar

Tribolube -71 replaces the Christolube mcg111
    Tribolube -66 replaces the Christolube mcg129 and 129N

TRIBOLUBE 71 is for static and dynamic applications. This grease is a PFPE oil thickened with PTFE(teflon) has a lighter viscosity and a wider opperating range. The grease is based on a linear chemistry.

TRIBOLUBE 66 is only for static applications. This grease is also a PFPE oil that is thickened with PFPE, but has a thicker viscosity. The grease will thicken and in cold conditions can cause a sluggish response, due to the fact that it's opperating range is not as wide. This grease is based on a branched chemistry.

I have more detailed information I can send to anyone that wants it. Just PM me or email me so I can send it to you. Hope this helps define the differences between the two. Thanks for the question. Please let me know if there is anything else I can explain, do not hesitate to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    What's the difference between 71 and 66?

(I'm a math professor, so please don't say "5")

RBW Censor Bait teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple's Avatar
    Mk 15.5

Mk 15, Classic & Sport KISS

Can you send me the whole package to which you are referring? I could not find that package to purchase on your web site.

PM sent with my address, etc.

RBW Member piranhadivemfg is an unknown quantity at this point piranhadivemfg's Avatar

Here not sure if this is a coorect post... Please let me know

We are a approve distributor for Tribolube 71 and carry 3 sizes to fit most applications! We carry the 5 gram packs, 2oz tubes and the 2oz syringes..If you have not tried this product you should and once you do you will not go back to Christolube again..

If you have questions that Dave does not answer please feel free to ask me and I will try to get you an answer...

Regards
    Randy

I am sure it is ok. I am fine with your post to my reply.

Regards,
    David Lodwick

Quote Originally Posted by piranhadivemfg  View Original Post
    Here not sure if this is a coorect post... Please let me know

We are a approve distributor for Tribolube 71 and carry 3 sizes to fit most applications! We carry the 5 gram packs, 2oz tubes and the 2oz syringes..If you have not tried this product you should and once you do you will not go back to Christolube again..

If you have questions that Dave does not answer please feel free to ask me and I will try to get you an answer...

Regards
    Randy

So, did anyone explode using the alternative? Does the alternative still exist?

RBW Member michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch is on a distinguished road michael-fisch's Avatar
    SF2, IDA76, Flex

AH1

what is it like as a lubricant 1-2 years after application? Is it still OK, or has it changed and lost its lubricant qualitys like Christolube does.

I prefer to take my chances with silicon lube and haven't used Christolube for a least 15 years since I hate the way it hardens and fragments into something that lubricates as well as aluminum oxide sandpaper.

Michael

RBW Member broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher is on a distinguished road broncobowsher's Avatar
    TBD

I thought there was another as well. Krytox? Been a long time since I looked it up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast