+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New posts disappear

Flaccid Member abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie's Avatar
    Dammit I bought another KISS

CK, SK, Satori, ManBagOD

How come a thread will disappear from the "new posts" list if I post to it?

This seems to happen when I post, log out and then log back on a while later to see if anyone's responded.

Such is my point of view 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned is just really nice 2stoned's Avatar

Re: New posts disappear

Well, could it bee, that...
    Since you wrote it, you already read it.
    So that thread has no new post from your perspective, until someone replies.

Remember, the feature "New Posts", is showing threads with posts that are
    - new and not yet read by you -

When you update ([F5] or right-click_update) the "New Posts" page it updates threads already read by turning of the bold typeface

When you request a new page (clicking link for "New Posts") you get a new page with only threads containing posts you have not read yet.
    Last edited by 2stoned; 2nd December 2005 at 21:12.

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

That is it exactly - the new button shows you new posts you have not read, the system thinks well if you wrote it you are bound to have read it.

If you want to see ALL posts form last 24 hours then click on search and find todays posts.

Stuart

Flaccid Member abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie's Avatar
    Dammit I bought another KISS

CK, SK, Satori, ManBagOD

Gotcha.

So it won't reappear in "New Posts" until someone else has posted.

+ Reply to Thread