+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Counterlung case.

RBW Member Collin is an unknown quantity at this point Collin's Avatar

Counterlung case.

Hi guys. What is the best method of cutting the counterlung case. I need to englarge the opening adjacent to the counterlung fixation point. Am I better to get someone else to do it for me?

Collin

CK#69 David Pye is a jewel in the rough David Pye is a jewel in the rough David Pye is a jewel in the rough David Pye is a jewel in the rough David Pye is a jewel in the rough David Pye is a jewel in the rough David Pye is a jewel in the rough David Pye is a jewel in the rough David Pye's Avatar

Re: Counterlung case.

I understand that if you have the standard Aluminium CL case that enlarging holes can weaken it too much.

Could I ask why you want to make the holes bigger? Is it because you're having difficulty fitting the lungs?

Cheers,

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Pye  View Original Post
    I understand that if you have the standard Aluminium CL case that enlarging holes can weaken it too much.

Could I ask why you want to make the holes bigger? Is it because you're having difficulty fitting the lungs?

Cheers,

David
    Hi Dave. Yep finding it a bit fiddly. But hey, if it weakens the case I will get smaller fingers fitted.

Collin

RBW Member billyf is an unknown quantity at this point billyf's Avatar

Angle grinder with a cutoff wheel.
    Here is what I did to gain better access to the counter lungs
    The case is not weakened at all.
    I also removed the parts of the case thats down by the Regs

Cool. Looks like I will be busy this weekend.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Brett Hemphill and I are working on a counter lung case that can be taken apart into a back (bolted to the CCR) and a front (designed with standard back plate holes for webbing.

We will also need to design a special wing that can be trapped between the two pieces, making the back plate box into a standard back plate with webbing harness and a built in wing.

I should be able to get some photos in the next couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    Brett Hemphill and I are working on a counter lung case that can be taken apart into a back (bolted to the CCR) and a front (designed with standard back plate holes for webbing.

We will also need to design a special wing that can be trapped between the two pieces, making the back plate box into a standard back plate with webbing harness and a built in wing.

Sounds really interesting Curt. Let me know if you need a test pilot!

RBW Member S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc is a jewel in the rough S. Marc's Avatar
    Revo II Micro and BMR500

Classic Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post

Any updates on this Curt?

Sounds intersting for air travel.