+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dolphin BCD Nightmare...

RBW Member blackvet is an unknown quantity at this point blackvet's Avatar

Dolphin BCD Nightmare...

Hello all!

After diving the dolphin about a dozen times I came to the conclusion that the BCD that Drager designed really had much to desired. After a little reading I desided to reconfigure the unit to my OMS BC. I got an stainless adapter from a guy in Union NJ that makes the drager shell adaptable to any back-plate. It seemed OK in theory and the piece was built well but it function it failed. It placed the shell on the middle of my back thus making the breathing hose chokingly tight around my neck! (I had it adjusted in the highest holes possible)

I found a site where you use a DR Transpak II and DR Trek Wings (45) and it looks like an easy conversion. What do you guys think? Will I run into the same problem?

Thanks...........safe diving!!

RBW Member caver95 will become famous soon enough caver95 will become famous soon enough caver95 will become famous soon enough caver95's Avatar

Re: Dolphin BCD Nightmare...

check out www.tecme.de he sells some elbows for the breathing hoses. it might help

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by blackvet
    Hello all!

After diving the dolphin about a dozen times I came to the conclusion that the BCD that Drager designed really had much to desired. After a little reading I desided to reconfigure the unit to my OMS BC. I got an stainless adapter from a guy in Union NJ that makes the drager shell adaptable to any back-plate. It seemed OK in theory and the piece was built well but it function it failed. It placed the shell on the middle of my back thus making the breathing hose chokingly tight around my neck! (I had it adjusted in the highest holes possible)

I found a site where you use a DR Transpak II and DR Trek Wings (45) and it looks like an easy conversion. What do you guys think? Will I run into the same problem?

Thanks...........safe diving!!
    Maybe a link to the site might be helpful :D
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member kiam will become famous soon enough kiam will become famous soon enough kiam will become famous soon enough kiam's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blackvet
    After diving the dolphin about a dozen times I came to the conclusion that the BCD that Drager designed really had much to desired.......... I got an stainless adapter from a guy in Union NJ that makes the drager shell adaptable to any back-plate. It seemed OK in theory and the piece was built well but it function it failed. It placed the shell on the middle of my back thus making the breathing hose chokingly tight around my neck!........
    I had the same issue.....went to, I think, the same guy in Union and like you was impressed with the build quality! I found that getting the adapter to work was useless in SCR mode on the Dolphin. There doesn't sem to be enough room for the bags to inflate fully, so it causes the demand valve to kick in a lot. Maybe if you were converting the Dolphin to CCR, the adapter would work. Want my opinion, stop trying to modify the Dolphin to be comfortable, sell it, buy a Sport Kiss from Jetsam, http://www.jetsam.ca/ and enjoy the hell out of the underwater realm. If you decide to do what I'm suggesting, I know a couple of excellent instructors in NJ.
    Last edited by kiam; 3rd December 2005 at 13:43.

+ Reply to Thread