+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: X-1 Battery Charging

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

X-1 Battery Charging

When not using the X-1 Dive computer, should it be plugged into the wall for constant charging?
    Chett. L

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Re: X-1 Battery Charging

Quote Originally Posted by Chett.L  View Original Post
    When not using the X-1 Dive computer, should it be plugged into the wall for constant charging?
    Hi Chett

Thats what I do. I read it on the liquivision support forum some time ago:

Liquivision Forums

There is a lot of other usefull information there as well...

ATB

Christian
    Last edited by depth; 3rd December 2008 at 07:42. Reason: Bad spelling
    Come to the darkside.... we have cookies...

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Got the best one from day 1...

Quote Originally Posted by depth  View Original Post
    Hi Chett

Thats what I do. I read it on the liquivision support forum some time ago:

Liquivision Forums

There is a lot of other usefull information there as well...

ATB

Christian
    Christian,

can you send me some pics of your setup of the X1? strap/bungee / screen protector etc...?

Thanks

Spyros

Christian Rasmussen depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth is just really nice depth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw  View Original Post
    Christian,

can you send me some pics of your setup of the X1? strap/bungee / screen protector etc...?

Thanks

Spyros
    Hi Spyros

Sure thing. I will try and find time to do it tonight, but I might not make it before tomorrow evening.

I am also considering buying an extra X1 and two X-links so I can tap in to my new rebreather (which I have not bought, build or decided on yet ;))

ATB

/Christian
    Come to the darkside.... we have cookies...

In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Meggy Meg...

Quote Originally Posted by depth  View Original Post
    Hi Spyros

Sure thing. I will try and find time to do it tonight, but I might not make it before tomorrow evening.

I am also considering buying an extra X1 and two X-links so I can tap in to my new rebreather (which I have not bought, build or decided on yet ;))

ATB

/Christian
    Christian,

thanks a lot for that. no worries mate. i'll wait.!

my initial thoughts were to have to Xlinks, one going from the head to one X1, and the other going from the lung.

this way, i would be able to monitor via 2 X1s, the ppo02 plus hud. if all were close or the same, then that means i am perfect. also i would have my meg displays in powersave mode, unless wanted to confirm something. the x1 brights, so no need to push a button to check something, so by a glimpse, i would have been able to check everything. this was my initial thought.this is why i got 2. but, still waiting news from the ISC...

Spyros

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw  View Original Post
    Christian,

thanks a lot for that. no worries mate. i'll wait.!

my initial thoughts were to have to Xlinks, one going from the head to one X1, and the other going from the lung.

this way, i would be able to monitor via 2 X1s, the ppo02 plus hud. if all were close or the same, then that means i am perfect. also i would have my meg displays in powersave mode, unless wanted to confirm something. the x1 brights, so no need to push a button to check something, so by a glimpse, i would have been able to check everything. this was my initial thought.this is why i got 2. but, still waiting news from the ISC...

Spyros
    Man, you guys are throwing around a lot of cash... :)

I borrowed Tienuts X1 for a few days last weekend, even at +4, it certainly got me out of the water faster than my VR3 SAFE 20, and it was very convenient having the compass when I wanted it, and user friendly for switching setpoints. I have nitemares about doing a bailout on the vr3.

He gave it to me fully charged, I dove it Wednesday night, Thursday morning, Friday afternoon, all day Saturday and one dive Sunday AM before conditions got snotty. I think the contacts were wet overnight and it didn't go to sleep, ate up a bit of the battery, but still had 10-20% remaining when I returned it, 12 hours in the water.

-Tim

Meggy Meg...

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    Man, you guys are throwing around a lot of cash... :)

-Tim
    Tim, at least they are well "thrown" right?

Spyros

RBW Member blaknite7 is an unknown quantity at this point blaknite7's Avatar
    NA

Question Re: X-1 Battery Charging

So I know this is an old thread, but I couldn't seem to find anything more appropriate...

My first question is when you guys are charging the X1 what voltage appears on the screen? (i have multi-deco which displays the voltage, not sure if other software's do the same...)

Second, has anyone had or heard of problems regarding the charging adapter overheating significantly?

I just got the X1, plug it in to charge and a few minutes later go and pick it up only to burn my self on the screw holding the plastic housing together on the charging adapter. I hooked up a TC to it and was getting temps well over 100°C which seemed quite excessive. Then I noticed the voltage which was reading between 5.3v and 4.5v which i thought was also odd because a Lipo balancer should charge at ~4.2v. Now if the X1 is internally limited/balanced then no big deal, but I wanted to see what other people had...

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

That's messed up. Should not happen. I don't know if its the X1 or the charging attachment. Unplug the charger from the wall, disconnect the X1 from the attachment, and send an email to Liquivision. They have always been helpful in that regard.
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Just remember that listening to an idiot such as myself may very well get your arse dead.

RebreatherWorld Sponsor rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh is just really nice rossh's Avatar

During charging, the volts show the charging volts, not the battery voltage. If your in the 4.x's, its flat and will get hot to touch. I don't know why the screw would get hot though.

When it gets into the 5.2 or .3's, your getting closer to full and the charge rate / heat will slow considerably.

Talk to Liquivision if it gives you problems.
    Ross Hemingway
    ------------------------------------------

V-Planner PC, Mac, Mobile, iPhone-iPod, Android. MultiDeco Android, PC, Mac.
    V-Planner Live and MultiDeco-X1 for the Liquivision X1 dive computer.
    MultiDeco-DR5 for the DR-5 dive computer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast