+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lets go in diving Florida

lets go in diving Florida

Looking for a dive buddy to go to Florida and dive wrecks like the Spiegel Grove , Davis, Eagle, and more for one week in January or February.
    I am looking to share the driving from Ontario to the Keys.

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Re: lets go in diving Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Diver Jeff  View Original Post
    Looking for a dive buddy to go to Florida and dive wrecks like the Spiegel Grove , Davis, Eagle, and more for one week in January or February.
    Why drive.....? I know gas is cheap now.., but still a 3K mile road trip... you'll need to kill 2 days in driving one way (or 22 hours straight if you hook up a p-valve....)

Let the SCRUBS know when you get your dates and operators solid and we'll hook you up w/ supplies and buddies if needed on the weekends.

-Tim

Thanks I just had a look at sum of the prices on flights. Is there an all in one dive shop (rooms, food, charter boats, etc) or a place that is close?
    If I get lucky and do 2 dives a day at 2 plus hour pre what the cost be +or- , for 2 or 3 days.
    If this helps I have been diving a rebreather for 3 years and using air dulent so my max depth would be 150’. My haven’t I done a trimix course, it is simple I own a dive shop so my time on the unit is not as often as I would like, but if I can 10 hours or so in warm water and I can come back for some ice diving and start a course in the spring.
    Thanks
    Jeff

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Thanks I just had a look at sum of the prices on flights. Is there an all in one dive shop (rooms, food, charter boats, etc) or a place that is close?
    If I get lucky and do 2 dives a day at 2 plus hour pre what the cost be +or- , for 2 or 3 days.
    If this helps I have been diving a rebreather for 3 years and using air dulent so my max depth would be 150’. My haven’t I done a trimix course, it is simple I own a dive shop so my time on the unit is not as often as I would like, but if I can 10 hours or so in warm water and I can come back for some ice diving and start a course in the spring.
    Thanks
    Jeff

Talk to Chris at Silent World in Key Largo.

http://www.silentworldkeylargo.com

He can take care of everything you have requested and he also dives a rebreather.

John

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

This is what we did recently, including a Spiegel Grove day on Chris' boat: Three days of wreck diving in Florida | Thinking Diver

Supporting Member Capt Gary is an unknown quantity at this point Capt Gary's Avatar

Hey Jeff,

Can't help you with sharing the driving from Ontario to the Keys, but thought I'd share a little info about the diving here. You'll have no trouble hooking up with a dive buddy. Lots of CCR divers on this board who'll welcome an opportunity to go diving, as you'll find out. I'm getting my Evo training at the end of this month [edit], so if I'm not out of town, I'll even buddy with you.

We've got four wrecks down here that are under the 150' range and perfect for 80 min plus dives. That would be the Spiegel Grove, Duane, Bibb, and Eagle. We usually do double dips on them when CCR's are on the boat. That way you can get a good 80 to 90 min dive on the wrecks.

Really not any all in one dive shops with rooms and food, but a few that have hotel rooms, restaurants, and dive boats all within a short walking distance to the shop. Also not all shops go to the above 4 mentioned wrecks as they are spread out over 20 nm's in the upper keys.

There are also several wrecks sitting in over 180' depth that a few operators go to. Northern Lights off MM102 and Queen of Nassau off MM 72. (MM) Stands for mile markers which we use as a location identifier down here. The Florida Keys starts around MM 128 and goes to MM 0 in Key West.

A few of your fellow Canadian CCR divers were down diving with us a few weeks back and did a week of the wrecks. We had great conditions for them so they went home very happy. If you have anymore questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Good Diving,
    Capt Gary
    Conch Republic Divers
    www. conchrepublicdivers.com
    Last edited by ScubaDadMiami; 11th December 2008 at 17:40. Reason: Moderation

+ Reply to Thread