+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drager Panorama FFM Removal

Surface Interval Clothing Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez's Avatar

Drager Panorama FFM Removal

I was practicing the FFM removal drill and thought I would share the video since there has been alot of interest in the forums lately surrounding the Drager Panorama FFM.

http://www.diversnetwork.net/media/v...FM_Removal.wmv

Enjoy

Bubble free by choice steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss is a jewel in the rough steveharriss's Avatar
    rEvo

Meg

Re: Drager Panorama FFM Removal

Thanks for the post.

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Hi,

I watched your video and it seemed to go fairly smoothly.

It appeared to me you don't have the Apeks second stage plugged into the right hand side of the mask....Any reason for this or is it just how you have set it up?

The other thing I wanted to say was it appears you aren't using a flow stop on the BOV gas inlet.......A lot of the time when you take the mask off the second stage in the BOV will free flow and whilst you're busy attending to getting the bail out second stage out, orientated and then the mask on you will end up taking a lot of time and could potentially waste a lot of gas.

The other think I wanted to ask was why did you remain on OC for so long after you had refitted the mask......Once you have the bite mouthpiece in and purged it's a much better practice to go back onto the loop...after all this is just a drill and you should know the loop gas is good to breathe.

Personally.....I prepare myself by having the bail out second stage draped over my left arm and ready to go. I also carry a spare double bolt snap so I don't have either the FFM or the 1/2 mask draped over my arm, when you have finished with the mask snap it off and it's out of the way......They are too easy to loose ............I know from experience!!!

Regards,

Lance

Surface Interval Clothing Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lancer4545  View Original Post
    It appeared to me you don't have the Apeks second stage plugged into the right hand side of the mask....Any reason for this or is it just how you have set it up?
    I am not convinced that the side reg is necessary. I feel like I have enough stuff on as it is. I am not against this setup and will most likely try it out at some point. The main reason why I have not tried it out yet is because I have been unable to find any Apeks TX 100's for sale.

The other thing I wanted to say was it appears you aren't using a flow stop on the BOV gas inlet.......A lot of the time when you take the mask off the second stage in the BOV will free flow and whilst you're busy attending to getting the bail out second stage out, orientated and then the mask on you will end up taking a lot of time and could potentially waste a lot of gas.
    I have not had the opportunity to install a flow stop. I am considering using one of these.

The other think I wanted to ask was why did you remain on OC for so long after you had refitted the mask......Once you have the bite mouthpiece in and purged it's a much better practice to go back onto the loop...after all this is just a drill and you should know the loop gas is good to breathe.
    It was the end of the last dive of my trip, I was not too concerned about conserving gas so I was not in a big hurry to get back on the loop.

RBW Member Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545 is a splendid one to behold Lancer4545's Avatar
    Meg/Shearwater Pathfinder

Once you try the mask with the Apeks you will wonder how you ever did without it!!

They really do need a flowstop.....They can really waste some gas if it gets away on you when you're doing your drills.

You seem to be doing well with it...They need a bit of regular practice to keep the drills up to speed other than that they are fantastic and I don't dive my unit without it.

Regards,

Lance

+ Reply to Thread