+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What should a good Emergency/First Aid Kit contain?

Curmudgeon babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar is a jewel in the rough babar's Avatar

Re: What should a good Emergency/First Aid Kit contain?

As was mentioned before, it depends on what type of diving. In general, I always take some basic things: neosynephrine nasal spray, sudaphed, motrin, and tylenol. I usually have a CPR mask with my gear. If I'm traveling abroad, I expand it: bacitracin, bactroban, lidocaine, bupivicaine, betadine, a suture kit, sutures, some syringes with different size needles, Epinephrine (1:1000) or an epipen, zofran, some pain meds, lomotil, some bandages, a few ace wraps, disposable cold packs, an course of an antibiotic or two. some vineger for sea lice and stings, burns

Mostly basic stuff, for your basic bumps, bruises, cuts and sprains, with some more advanced emergency treatments for anaphylaxis, CPR, ACLS, ect. I cant do a tracheostomy, give thrombolytics, or take out an appendix on a boat, so Im not going to pack for it. By the same token, I'm not going to intubate someone, if I'm 12 hours from rescue. Some basic gear is important, but I agree that having an exit strategy is more important.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

My freind Pete has a big black box that goes on the boat with his gas diving teem. One of the best things i have seen in the box is a vomit vac. It sucks the vomit and crud out of the airways so you can do CPR. A simple device and a very good idea to prevent a death as a result of this simple problem.

ATB

Mark

RBW Member MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV is a jewel in the rough MatV's Avatar

Stuff got listed mostly after realisation that it was needed.
    One important thing was putting it into categories.
    Categories like:
    Skin damage: mercurochrome, betadine, suture, needle, steristrips, spray bandage, uisge beatha
    Pain: Aspirin, Paracetamol, Tramal, uisge beatha,
    intestinal: antinal, charcoal, imodium( down the list), perenterol, uisge beatha
    joints: bandage, sam splint ( or siberian chocalate foil)
    microbes: Amoxicillin, Antibiotics with gyrase inhibitors, specifix antibiotics for ear problems, uisge beatha,
    ENT: decongestant mini-ampoules ( spray) like Otriven
    Access/communication:mobile telephone( verify net availability, marine radio( look up local channels), signal mirror, light signals, coordinates, access plan for cars, helicopters, ships
    vision: lenses, lights, head lights, chemical lights
    tools: scissors, scalpell, pinces, straps, syringe, needles
    heat degradable poison: lean cotton cloth for heat treatment, heat source ( gas torch, big diving lamp), water
    heat loss: rescue foil, blanket, chemical heating bags
    other: Ambu bag, oxygen, oxygen close circuit, cardio drugs, lasix, paper and pencil, telephone lists

Matthias

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2