+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: for all CYPRUS based CCR divers

  1. #1
    In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cyprus, Nicosia
    Posts
    1,455
    Meggy Meg...

    Got the best one from day 1...

    for all CYPRUS based CCR divers

    Hello guys,

    i hope you are well. it has been a while now that i am thinking of arranging a gathering where we can start being more organized and active CCR divers.

    my aim is to find a way to unite / bring together all CCR divers (and others). as it's obvious, in this community which is mostly driven by diving schools, proffesionals, there is some kind of "competition" between divers as to "my unit is best" or "we are better trained" or etc...

    So, i start this thread here, in order for people who are interested to report themselves here, or send me an email, and i shall create a group announcement for everybody to receive.

    please throw away your "competition thoughts", if there are any, and come along into this initiative, which i hope will end up being a very promising move.

    imagine, we can be gathering and chartering a boat, which would take us around divesites and not just the usual places. many of us cannot afford to charter a boat themselves or with their buddy, so if we gather along then we can see this happening. each time we can arrange to dive different places, and once a few of us register, then we can make a union, where we will have more organised activities.

    THIS IS OUT OF EVERY INTERESTED DIVER.

    Thanks,

    Spyros

  2. #2
    RBW Member costas tsangaris is an unknown quantity at this point costas tsangaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nicosia, Cyprus
    Posts
    122

    Re: for all CYPRUS based CCR divers

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw  View Original Post
    Hello guys,

    i hope you are well. it has been a while now that i am thinking of arranging a gathering where we can start being more organized and active CCR divers.

    my aim is to find a way to unite / bring together all CCR divers (and others). as it's obvious, in this community which is mostly driven by diving schools, proffesionals, there is some kind of "competition" between divers as to "my unit is best" or "we are better trained" or etc...

    So, i start this thread here, in order for people who are interested to report themselves here, or send me an email, and i shall create a group announcement for everybody to receive.

    please throw away your "competition thoughts", if there are any, and come along into this initiative, which i hope will end up being a very promising move.

    imagine, we can be gathering and chartering a boat, which would take us around divesites and not just the usual places. many of us cannot afford to charter a boat themselves or with their buddy, so if we gather along then we can see this happening. each time we can arrange to dive different places, and once a few of us register, then we can make a union, where we will have more organised activities.

    THIS IS OUT OF EVERY INTERESTED DIVER.

    Thanks,

    Spyros



    hi spiros

    i am in.
    i m very curious how many people will reply to this call.
    I will also encourage the non cypriots to join in.

    costas

  3. #3
    In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cyprus, Nicosia
    Posts
    1,455
    Meggy Meg...

    Got the best one from day 1...

    Re: for all CYPRUS based CCR divers

    Quote Originally Posted by costas tsangaris  View Original Post
    hi spiros

    i am in.
    i m very curious how many people will reply to this call.
    I will also encourage the non cypriots to join in.

    costas
    i never thought of that. let's see... you are very correct about the non cypriots, or better say, the non cypriot residents. anyone who might be travelling over, might like to make a dive with us, then he/she is most welcomed.

    it would be great to arrange dives to aydimou or akamas, on a charter boat..

    let's see..

    Spyros

  4. #4
    RBW Member GCKORAKIS is an unknown quantity at this point GCKORAKIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Madrid Spain
    Posts
    11
    Meg

    Re: for all CYPRUS based CCR divers

    Hello Spyros,
    Hello to the Rest of you down in Cyprus.

    My Best Wishes for Christmas and Happy 2009.

    From Madrid Dry
    George

  5. #5
    In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cyprus, Nicosia
    Posts
    1,455
    Meggy Meg...

    Got the best one from day 1...

    Re: for all CYPRUS based CCR divers

    Quote Originally Posted by GCKORAKIS  View Original Post
    Hello Spyros,
    Hello to the Rest of you down in Cyprus.

    My Best Wishes for Christmas and Happy 2009.

    From Madrid Dry
    George
    Hello George,

    happy Chrismas to you too. Happy 2009 and all the best.

    well, things are not that happy anymore over here. Marios has been "lost" long ago now, he seems to avoid us, don't know what has got into him.

    just trying to enlarge the CCR community in the area. how are things with you?

    Spyros

  6. #6
    RBW Member GCKORAKIS is an unknown quantity at this point GCKORAKIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Madrid Spain
    Posts
    11
    Meg

    Re: for all CYPRUS based CCR divers

    Unfortunately it is a Year since i last dived my Meg.

    Defiantly i need a refresh.
    It is really difficult to dive in Madrid as the closest beach is at 360km and for shore diving is not a good idea if you consider the temperatures from 4 to -5.
    Well I hope from March I can be back active again.

    I thought that things would be better there.
    What about the trimix CCR course. I thought they would have done it by this time of the year.

    Give my Best Regards to All.

    What about Cedric?

  7. #7
    In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cyprus, Nicosia
    Posts
    1,455
    Meggy Meg...

    Got the best one from day 1...

    Re: for all CYPRUS based CCR divers

    Quote Originally Posted by GCKORAKIS  View Original Post
    Unfortunately it is a Year since i last dived my Meg.

    Defiantly i need a refresh.
    It is really difficult to dive in Madrid as the closest beach is at 360km and for shore diving is not a good idea if you consider the temperatures from 4 to -5.
    Well I hope from March I can be back active again.

    I thought that things would be better there.
    What about the trimix CCR course. I thought they would have done it by this time of the year.

    Give my Best Regards to All.

    What about Cedric?
    Cedric is fine.traveling around the world teaching courses. i guess he is the luckiest out of all of us. Marios had an unfortunate incident where he rode over a swimmer with the police rib. unfortunately the guy died. Since then, and a while before, there was some strange behavior. don't know anything else. i offered help, no replies.

    Soteris is selling his meg. he doesn't have time to dive with it. he is working as a chemist and at weekends he takes students for diving. and its all open circuit, so, no time to dive with it. so, he is having it for sale.

    the other Spyros had other problems which kept him away from diving, but he is coming back slowly.

    Mike is lost as well, probably he is more closed to Marios.

    Markos has never bought a meg, not that i know of at least. don't know why. i think their main aim was to spearfish and sell the fish. as long as they can do it OC, they'll probably not go for it.

    i have teamed up with 2 inspiration guys, very good people. wish you met them. am doing interesting scooter dives, zenobia penetrations, and other exploration sort of dives. not deep though, as they are doing their trimix courses soon, so we can raise the team depth.

    that's all so far. how about u?

    me, i have opened my own office since, and been very busy with work. my time goes mainly through work, time on net, (stealing some time while in office, at night when kids sleep etc,) and dive at weekends. nothing new.

    Spyros

  8. #8
    RBW Member GCKORAKIS is an unknown quantity at this point GCKORAKIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Madrid Spain
    Posts
    11
    Meg

    Re: for all CYPRUS based CCR divers

    Well Too bad.
    I was expecting to hear good news.

    I hate the idea of Sotiris which I have to say passed from my mind a few times.
    What is even more difficult is to have a refresh course as not many centres offer that in Madrid. I know in Barcelona there are a couple of good instructors that a heard about from Cedric but it is still 560km away not too mention the time and money involved.
    The worst thing is that I only have weekends while in the past I used to have a couple of months.

    Well next time give me some better news.

    Regards
    G
    Keep in touch bro..

  9. #9
    In search of Law breaking Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw is a glorious beacon of light Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cyprus, Nicosia
    Posts
    1,455
    Meggy Meg...

    Got the best one from day 1...

    Re: for all CYPRUS based CCR divers

    Quote Originally Posted by GCKORAKIS  View Original Post
    Well Too bad.
    I was expecting to hear good news.

    I hate the idea of Sotiris which I have to say passed from my mind a few times.
    What is even more difficult is to have a refresh course as not many centres offer that in Madrid. I know in Barcelona there are a couple of good instructors that a heard about from Cedric but it is still 560km away not too mention the time and money involved.
    The worst thing is that I only have weekends while in the past I used to have a couple of months.

    Well next time give me some better news.

    Regards
    G
    Keep in touch bro..
    i plan to do so George. it will be nice to keep a long lasting friendship over the years. if ever again in the area, let me know. we can arrange some fun times.

    Spyros

  10. #10
    RBW Member ALSS-EE is an unknown quantity at this point ALSS-EE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Athens Greece
    Posts
    7

    Re: for all CYPRUS based CCR divers

    Talking of Cedric he was here with me a while back at loutraki near Athens doing some deep dives and trying out new deco configurations. Last I hear he was back in France.........

    Pce

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts