+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Maximator Booster Pump

Confectioner to N@90 Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou's Avatar

Maximator Booster Pump

Hi All

UKSteve has kindly submitted an article on his New Toy - Maximator Booster Pump is now up and running in the library section HERE

Enjoy and use this thread to post any feedback, questions or comments for Steve.

Many thanks

Lou
    Last edited by Louby Lou; 1st December 2005 at 20:21.

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Re: Maximator Booster Pump

Nice one steve :)

I like the idea of the fittings on the pump and using whips, I might see about changing mine Just casue its hard to get it into the case as is.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

RBW Founder schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford has a reputation beyond repute schford's Avatar

Superb write up mate - puts mine to shame!

Louby can you tart mine please

Stuart

RBW Member Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie has a brilliant future Beanie's Avatar

Get in the que I'm next he he
    ah Ok I'll do my own :) - well try anyway :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Confectioner to N@90 Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou is a splendid one to behold Louby Lou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by schford
    Louby can you tart mine please
    No problem... working on that section tonight when I've got my laptop in front of me

Steve... post on the thread, people can rep you then ;)

RBW Writer MAD is on a distinguished road MAD is on a distinguished road MAD's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: Maximator Booster Pump

Good review and what looks like a very nice bit of kit.

Tidy and with lots of shiny bits... :)

Now if these things had been around when I got my HI Booster I suspect I'd have save a lot of ££££

Whip set-up is alomst exactly what I use on the HI... Subaqua Products... excellent.

Now then, the idea of what looks like a double acting pump for a lot less than the single actin HI looks really attractive.

It'll be interesting to see how these things hold up in use... but I can see no reason why they should have a problem.

Spot on review

Steve C UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve's Avatar

Hi there,

Been asked by a couple of folk what exactly I ordered from Sub-Aqua Products so here it is :

This what I did/should have ordered:

P/N Item
    Whip from J cylinder to Pump
    1220 UK Bullnose (M) x 1/4" BSP (M)
    5042/2 2m O2 hose - stainless steel

Adaptor for pump dischage
    1080BN 1/4" Fem x UK Bullnose Fem adaptor

Filling Whip
    5105 Non Return Valve (1/4" BSP F x F) dont get M x M - won't fit!!
    1265 1/4" BSP M x M adaptor
    5042/2 2m O2 hose - stainless steel
    6000 Inline Needle Valve 1/4" BSP F x F
    1086D Din charging adaptor with bleed and 1/4" gauge port (needs to be specified)
    5091 0 - 400bar O2 clean gauge (very coarse readingfs - not really suitable for blending)
    1052 Pressure Gauge cover
    1260 Pressure Gauge Adaptor

Bullnose x Din Adaptor
    1080B 232 bar Din (F) x 1/4" BSP (F)

Don't forget (like I did!!) to order some O-rings for 1/4" BSP connections

Regarding double acting pump - not sure it really is - it just uses air pressure to return the pump to the starting point again - doesn't have a spring or rely on supply pressure of the source gas.

Pumps are available from brett@divelife.co.uk (no commission - honest!! :) )

Regards

Steve
    Last edited by UKSteve; 1st December 2005 at 13:32.

Blimey thats a fair old list must of cost a few bob
    So anything you can't connect it to

RBW Member John Speers is an unknown quantity at this point John Speers's Avatar

Hi Steve,

Just a quickie, could you use an old 1st stage on the LP side to regulate the drive gas pressure? Would there be enough gas flow?

Cheers Mate.

Steve C UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve is a splendid one to behold UKSteve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beanie
    Blimey thats a fair old list must of cost a few bob
    So anything you can't connect it to
    The filling whip was the priciest item - but nothing remarkable about it really. Could probably have done without the needle valve if just boosting but I wanted flexibility to decant / blend or boost.

The last adaptor allows me to boost from a dive cylinder or decant from one - either through the pump or just using the whip.

Its funny though - after buying the YBOD, suddenly everything else seems to be cheap!!

S.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast