+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Southern Thailand Caves - Sra Keow / Song Hong

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

Southern Thailand Caves - Sra Keow / Song Hong

Hi All,

I Just returned from a few nice days Cave diving in the remote areas of southern Thailand diving Sra Keow Cave and the deep sink Song Hong. Pim Van der Horst from the Netherlands and Max Berent from Switzerland joined for some great diving. We conducted several dives in both systems and the deepest dive was conducted in Song Hong to 80m. All divers were conducted using Megs without any major problems. Pim shot the first video of Song Hong using his V-cam system, we will uploaded a small video when he edits the 9 hr plus footage.

Some Pictures below:
    http://www.rebreatherworld.com/attac...1&d=1227583511http://www.rebreatherworld.com/attac...1&d=1227583995
    Last edited by tecdivertraining; 30th December 2008 at 23:43.

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Re: Southern Thailand Caves - Sra Keow / Song Hong

How deep did you have to go to see anything at Sra Keow?
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar

it was great vis at the entrance for the first few dives but then it got messy until around 24m

Cave nut!
    Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris's Avatar
    rEVO

KISS, Flex, Satori, Mk15.5, ++

What's the latest on the exploration of Sra Keow? Anyone planning to push the deep section?

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by tecdivertraining  View Original Post
    it was great vis at the entrance for the first few dives but then it got messy until around 24m
    Thanks Matt. I dove Sra Keow and thumbed the dive after a few minutes. The vis was zero but I blame the elephants for messing it up.
    It was only after we surfaced that I had any idea that we turned at 20m. All I saw the whole dive was a blinking green light. We did enjoy Song Hong though. Is Dr Mikes reel still down there?
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Harris  View Original Post
    What's the latest on the exploration of Sra Keow? Anyone planning to push the deep section?
    Not to my knowledge as it not the best cave its just a shaft. Song Hong on the other hand has massive potential. I will plan to return to this cave in spring for a dive sub 150m

heres a link to over 200 pics we took of the trip..

some dry caves as well..

mathewpartridge's photos- powered by SmugMug

Cave nut!
    Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris is a jewel in the rough Richard Harris's Avatar
    rEVO

KISS, Flex, Satori, Mk15.5, ++

I am REALLY not comfortable with elephants touching my rebreather. But I would REALLY love to dive those caves some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Harris  View Original Post
    I am REALLY not comfortable with elephants touching my rebreather. But I would REALLY love to dive those caves some day.
    Just ping me, if you fancy joining me on the spring/summer expedition.

Temp Read Only Mode TDEstonia is an unknown quantity at this point TDEstonia's Avatar
    KISS Classic & Evo + Vision

Dolphin, Ray, Inspiro/Evo clas

I liked Sra Keow cave systems very much. made 8 dives. althought sometimes it feels like shaft, not a cave. but intresting, small fish and nice freshwater chrimps. vis was so and so - good to poor.
    will go back, with reb.

+ Reply to Thread