+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hawaii

RBW Member Bryan T is an unknown quantity at this point Bryan T's Avatar

Hawaii

I just got back from Hawaii.

I dove on the Big Island with Jim Holt of Konaquatica, on the gold coast of Kona.

He was one of the only shops able to support RBs and has most models. I am an OC instructor and called many dive shops befor I went to Kona and was scared by some of the answers from people I spoke to on the phone at diferent shops. FYI he is also an Instructor for most models and can customise courses.

I did a total of 5 dive days 2 dives per day with him and his crew. They took great care of me and mine. We had a great time. on the last day He and I went for a 2hour dive to about 175 feet and got to see 2 types of fish not found any where else.

If you go to Hawaii I strongly recomend the Kona Coast and feel that Jim is the best person to go to for RB support in the area.

B

Chett Lehrer Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L has much to be proud of Chett.L's Avatar
    rEvo FT / Hollis P-2/ rEvo lll

Prism Topaz-1 / rEvo ll

Re: Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan T  View Original Post

I dove on the Big Island with Jim Holt of Konaquatica, on the gold coast of Kona.

He was one of the only shops able to support RBs and has most models. I am an OC instructor and called many dive shops befor I went to Kona and was scared by some of the answers from people I spoke to on the phone at diferent shops. FYI he is also an Instructor for most models and can customise courses.

I did a total of 5 dive days 2 dives per day with him and his crew. They took great care of me and mine. We had a great time. on the last day He and I went for a 2hour dive to about 175 feet and got to see 2 types of fish not found any where else.

If you go to Hawaii I strongly recomend the Kona Coast and feel that Jim is the best person to go to for Rebreather support in the area.

B
    Any Pictures?
    Chett. L

Go DEEP!!!! Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer is a jewel in the rough Explorer's Avatar
    MEGALODON

Evolution, KISS GEM

I dove on the Big Island with Jim Holt of Konaquatica, on the gold coast of Kona.If you go to Hawaii I strongly recomend the Kona Coast and feel that Jim is the best person to go to for Rebreather support in the area.

B
    Thanks Bryan. What was the water temp there? Will be diving with Konaquatica in 10 days.

Rob Clemes iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl will become famous soon enough iratnl's Avatar
    Apeks Meg

KISS Sport, Copis Meg

I was planning on using Konaquatica over the Xmas period, but they (Jim) have emailed me saying it's in the process of being sold, and will be run as a recreational (only) dive centre by the new owners

Bugger !

RBW Member CCR Lover is an unknown quantity at this point CCR Lover's Avatar

Next time you're in Hawaii, check out a new dive center on Oahu called Ocean Legends - they are a TDI and NAUI Tech facility and the guy who runs it is all about Rebreathers. He's done Nat G expeditions and is an amazing instructor. Silent Diving Systems just came out to Oahu to do a Inspiration training for some of the center's clients.

Hawaii Scuba Diving - Ocean Legends | Honolulu, Oahu

RBW Member AshBC has a spectacular aura about AshBC has a spectacular aura about AshBC has a spectacular aura about AshBC has a spectacular aura about AshBC has a spectacular aura about AshBC's Avatar

If you go to Hawaii I strongly recomend the Kona Coast and feel that Jim is the best person to go to for Rebreather support in the area.

B
    Absolutely.
    I visited Jim last May and had a wonderful week exploring the sea caves, lava tubes, corals and night diving with mantas.
    Jim's fill station is awe-inspiring, his custom dive boat is meticulously maintained and cared for, and Jim is a great guy with a big heart.
    So get over there and book and trip with Konaquatica so Kona's only rebreather facility lives on 'cause I want to go back next year!!

Here are a few photos from the trip:
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread