+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cold Water Diving for the SCRUBs !

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Cold Water Diving for the SCRUBs !

Hey guys,

you all help us out so much when we come down to Florida that I'd like to figure out a way to organize a trip to Boston in the late spring for you to come dive our wrecks.

We can accommodate any depth (from 30' to 200'+, more would be more expedition diving that a fun trip). We could do three days of diving for six of us. I don't know about my local friends but I can open up my house to 2 of you.

Dry suits are not mandatory but good to have. We can probably arrange for thick wet suit or dry suit rentals as well as tanks (though we don't personally own as many tanks as you guys do).

We might even be able to dive the U853 ! Come on guys, let's do this !

In the mean time, Soggy wrote a cool article on cold water diving

Check out the NADE page for shipwreck information.

Erik

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Re: Cold Water Diving for the SCRUBs !

Erik,

Good luck with this.... The SCRUBS freak out if the water Temps drop below 75 degrees... The mention of water temps in the 40's puts them in a catatonic state, similar to that of a shark when turned upside down..... Which also works on the SCRUBS... Try it next time your out with them... Turn one on their back and they just go motionless until you turn them back over again! :D

Richie

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by diverreb  View Original Post
    Erik,

Good luck with this.... The SCRUBS freak out if the water Temps drop below 75 degrees... The mention of water temps in the 40's puts them in a catatonic state, similar to that of a shark when turned upside down.....:D

Richie
    Ritchie, did I hear that right..."water temps in the 40's...

Erik, I'd love to join you up North for some NE diving, however, there are physical laws in nature which Newton so insightfully identified, and these laws perticularly inhibit what you are proposing from transpiring, because they dictate the relationship between the forces acting on bodies in motion...

Newton's First Law - Every body perseveres in its state of being at rest or of moving uniformly straight forward, except insofar as it is compelled to change its state by force impressed.

Newton's Second Law - The change of momentum of a body is proportional to the impulse impressed on the body, and happens along the straight line on which that impulse is impressed.

Newton's Third Law - For a force there is always an equal and opposite reaction: or the forces of two bodies on each other are always equal and are directed in opposite directions.

Newton's Fourth Law - The motion generated by a diver's movement when seeking pleasurable immersion campatable enviroments, is perpetually fixed in the direction resulting in increasingly warmer water temperatures.

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by diverreb  View Original Post
    Erik,

Good luck with this.... The SCRUBS freak out if the water Temps drop below 75 degrees... The mention of water temps in the 40's puts them in a catatonic state, similar to that of a shark when turned upside down..... Which also works on the SCRUBS... Try it next time your out with them... Turn one on their back and they just go motionless until you turn them back over again! :D

Richie

Oh so that's how you "have your way" with the SCRUBs members.

Better not try that with us hardy NE divers.

John

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

Hey Erik -

Don't you know the problem here? Those SCRUB guys can't afford any shrinkage. They have a tough enough time finding it as it is.

Ken

Banned jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson's Avatar

I will be more inviting-i plan on diving with the folks up in Boston area through this lovely winter-the scenery is really amazing-wrecks are great ,close to the docks-just like florida! you guys will adapt swiftly! in fact if you guys come this way -the beers are on me! Gauntlet a great boat to dive from, Donna III also. I dove in NYC ,NJ & Boston thru last winter-You guys will love this-I will grant you NERD status and all the benefits if u can come? Now isn't that enough?

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sfldiver  View Original Post
    Ritchie, did I hear that right..."water temps in the 40's...

Erik, I'd love to join you up North for some NE diving, however, there are physical laws in nature which Newton so insightfully identified, and these laws perticularly inhibit what you are proposing from transpiring, because they dictate the relationship between the forces acting on bodies in motion...

Newton's First Law - Every body perseveres in its state of being at rest or of moving uniformly straight forward, except insofar as it is compelled to change its state by force impressed.

Newton's Second Law - The change of momentum of a body is proportional to the impulse impressed on the body, and happens along the straight line on which that impulse is impressed.

Newton's Third Law - For a force there is always an equal and opposite reaction: or the forces of two bodies on each other are always equal and are directed in opposite directions.

Newton's Fourth Law - The motion generated by a diver's movement when seeking pleasurable immersion campatable enviroments, is perpetually fixed in the direction resulting in increasingly warmer water temperatures.
    You forgot Newton's Fifth Law - Eat meat....

Plan it around a holiday weekend, I pulled the drysuit out this past weekend..., I might be up for some real wrecks..
    Attached Images

Banned jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson is a jewel in the rough jiseson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    You forgot Newton's Fifth Law - Eat meat....

Plan it around a holiday weekend, I pulled the drysuit out this past weekend..., I might be up for some real wrecks..
    no not 40's, 36-38 generally

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Quote Originally Posted by jkaterenchuk  View Original Post
    Oh so that's how you "have your way" with the SCRUBs members.

Better not try that with us hardy NE divers.

John

No, it doesn't work.... I tried it on Cogan & he just swam away shaking his head... The big one, not the one where his brain resides!

Richie

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

But Cogan is already a cold water diver, no ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast