+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Video- Cave Explorer, Brett Hemphill and his modified classic kiss

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Video- Cave Explorer, Brett Hemphill and his modified classic kiss

Cave explorer and KISS classic CCR diver, Brett Hemphill speaks about his modified cave KISS rebreather and how it works with the Armadillo sidemount system.

Click on the below link

from
    Curt Bowen on Vimeo.
    Last edited by Curt Bowen; 23rd November 2008 at 01:02.

Underwater Speleologist ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS is a jewel in the rough ARGYRIS's Avatar

Re: Video- Cave Explorer, Brett Hemphill and his modified classic kiss

Excelent presentation.

CK #21 ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster will become famous soon enough ReikiMaster's Avatar

Very good, thanks

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

One thing I couldnt make out was whether the second O2 bottle was injecting via the common elbow (which it seemed to be via the inline swagelock T), or whether it was routing in via the second O2 injector hole.

When I debated a similar setup on my kiss I thought it'd be better to have a flying injector port (using the second O2 hole), via something like a QC6. This way I could plug in more O2 or Dil if I wanted to. It probably plays to my own personal dislike of multiple feeds into a single block though, Im paranoid about my own mistakes :)

I'd also be keen to see more detail of the clipping arrangement you have for mounting the lump to your harness.

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

I also have my second O2 ported into the other oxygen hole on the left side of the head with a QC and manual add button. But Brett likes it the way he has it, and he is the crazy nut at 400 feet and inwater times of 12-16 hours.

Armadillo sidemount CCR video coming up in a month or so after we get a couple days in north florida caves to shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by EBT  View Original Post
    One thing I couldnt make out was whether the second O2 bottle was injecting via the common elbow (which it seemed to be via the inline swagelock T), or whether it was routing in via the second O2 injector hole.

When I debated a similar setup on my kiss I thought it'd be better to have a flying injector port (using the second O2 hole), via something like a QC6. This way I could plug in more O2 or Dil if I wanted to. It probably plays to my own personal dislike of multiple feeds into a single block though, Im paranoid about my own mistakes :)

I'd also be keen to see more detail of the clipping arrangement you have for mounting the lump to your harness.
    Last edited by Curt Bowen; 22nd November 2008 at 12:40.

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

these types of videos are very helpful and informative...keep'm coming Curt!

I have a question about the scrubber he shows...this is custom, yes? is it available? who produced it? How can such a long duration be claimed....based on the calcs, you'd need to carry almost 10kg of lime for a 20 hour 'tested' duration.

RBW Key Holder
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Yes, it is a custom scrubber, no it is not available. I think it is a 12 pound scrubber.

I have more video days scheduled, but they do take time to conduct, edit and post. Brett's took about 15 hours total not including the equipment needed to do it and drive times. Not really a lot of time, if that is all I had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanOpportunity  View Original Post
    these types of videos are very helpful and informative...keep'm coming Curt!

I have a question about the scrubber he shows...this is custom, yes? is it available? who produced it? How can such a long duration be claimed....based on the calcs, you'd need to carry almost 10kg of lime for a 20 hour 'tested' duration.
    Last edited by Curt Bowen; 24th November 2008 at 03:41.

Hammerhead CCR diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike has a reputation beyond repute diverklondike's Avatar
    HammerHead CCR

Sidekick & Others

Great Vid!

Excuse me, I speak Dive alyafi is just really nice alyafi is just really nice alyafi is just really nice alyafi is just really nice alyafi is just really nice alyafi is just really nice alyafi is just really nice alyafi is just really nice alyafi is just really nice alyafi is just really nice alyafi's Avatar

Very interesting information.

Question: what is the use of the half on half off setting of the BOV (I am ssuming that is a Golem BOV). I have not ever seen a user manual for a Golem BOV, so I am also curious if the unit is actually designed for that sort of mode and what it might acheive.

Nailer99 Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith has much to be proud of Joshua Smith's Avatar
    Megalodon

Really good presentation- lots of good thinking points in there. Keep 'em coming, Curt!