+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Counter Lung Dimensions

New Member lawrence is an unknown quantity at this point lawrence's Avatar

Counter Lung Dimensions

Hi,

Assuming the correct volume can be achieved, is there an optimum shape for back mounted counterlungs? Or to look at it the other way, are there any limitations on the shape?

The reason I ask is that I'm thinking of ways to reduce the profile of a KISS type unit. Would it be possible to use longer/wider bags with a flatter profile?

Cheers,

Lawrence

Holger Berghäuser TR300 is just really nice TR300 is just really nice TR300 is just really nice TR300 is just really nice TR300 is just really nice TR300 is just really nice TR300 is just really nice TR300 is just really nice TR300 is just really nice TR300's Avatar
    TR300

Submatix

Re: Counter Lung Dimensions

Hi Lawrence,

what is so bad on the KISS shape. On the classic KISS I find the solution to use the spare room between the scrubber and the cylinders a good solution. only the frame is complex in manufacturing.
    So I build one with an flatten CL.
    I think the shape of the CL isnt important but the position. A position near the human lung is the best (and if you have this in any position) so the OTS are best then rear or back mounted at least the bellow below the neck (like RB80 does)

Holger
    Attached Images

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Re: Counter Lung Dimensions

Actually lawrence that'd probably be ideal. I'd suggest the ideal shape* is going to be matching/overlapping your lungs.... and as close to your back as possible.

* for backmounted CL's

+ Reply to Thread