+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: video: Sentinel workshop with Kevin Gurr at EuroTek 2008

Andrey Prokopenko Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless's Avatar
    none

none

video: Sentinel workshop with Kevin Gurr at EuroTek 2008

This is the camcorder footage from Sentinel workshop at EuroTek 2008 conference, filmed with explicit permission from Kevin.

from
    AbyssalPlain on Vimeo.
    Last edited by Curt Bowen; 23rd November 2008 at 01:08.

RBW Member AbyssalPlain is a jewel in the rough AbyssalPlain is a jewel in the rough AbyssalPlain is a jewel in the rough AbyssalPlain is a jewel in the rough AbyssalPlain is a jewel in the rough AbyssalPlain is a jewel in the rough AbyssalPlain is a jewel in the rough AbyssalPlain's Avatar

Re: video: Sentinel workshop with Kevin Gurr at EuroTek 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Faceless  View Original Post
    I'd be grateful if someone could provide alternate hosting aka FTP server or smht else, without all those restrictive download policies.
    Here you go:

Cheers,

Jonny

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Ok, I only caught part of the video,..... but, the given the uproar and fury over cells, cell integrity, and linearity lately...

Did anyone else interpret Kevin's comments as saying there is no need for cell checkers and linearity checking; specifically mentioning Teledyne's....

RBW Member jackdiver has a spectacular aura about jackdiver has a spectacular aura about jackdiver has a spectacular aura about jackdiver has a spectacular aura about jackdiver has a spectacular aura about jackdiver's Avatar
    Sentinel

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    Did anyone else interpret Kevin's comments as saying there is no need for cell checkers and linearity checking; specifically mentioning Teledyne's....
    That's what it sounded like to me...

:)

Petri Keskitalo P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3 is a jewel in the rough P3's Avatar

I think he said that r17 and r22 are perfectly linear!? Hmm..

RBW Member denka is an unknown quantity at this point denka's Avatar

verry nice video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RBW Member AbyssalPlain is a jewel in the rough AbyssalPlain is a jewel in the rough AbyssalPlain is a jewel in the rough AbyssalPlain is a jewel in the rough AbyssalPlain is a jewel in the rough AbyssalPlain is a jewel in the rough AbyssalPlain is a jewel in the rough AbyssalPlain's Avatar

I want a Sentinel and I want one NOW!!

Yeah I wondered about his comments on cell linearity too, I'm pretty sure he's got some data to back up his claim, it remains to be seen

RBW Member toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe will become famous soon enough toe's Avatar
    rEvo 111 hybrid

Vision Inspo,Evo+, classic

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalPlain  View Original Post
    I want a Sentinel and I want one NOW!!

Yeah I wondered about his comments on cell linearity too, I'm pretty sure he's got some data to back up his claim, it remains to be seen
    I was the one that asked the question. Earlier on in the day Kevin said that most problems were not caused by the cells but with other issues moisture and corrosion etc. From what I can tell he had faith that the cells are linear.

Cheers
    Tony

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    Ok, I only caught part of the video,..... but, the given the uproar and fury over cells, cell integrity, and linearity lately...

Alternatively, a working cell is linear and therefore you can calibrate in air. This is absolutely true, but is your cell working correctly?

Why not decide for yourself?

The NATO Research Dive team did, so did NOAA, Diving Diseases Research Centre, British Navy, Analytical Industries, the list goes on. And dont forget the £85,000 Divex Stealth has one built in.

Lastly, cells obviously do fail. APD stated upto 30% failure rate of cells, Aii cells have failed miserably and I'm sure many of you have experience of call failures.

Trust the cells, not the rebreather... dont trust any thing.
    Last edited by divetheworld; 21st November 2008 at 10:25.
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

Andrey Prokopenko Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless is a name known to all Faceless's Avatar
    none

none

My guess is that there is a some sort of misunderstanding here about cell checks. I was asking Kevin about this and he thinks that cell checkers are nice to have feature, but it does not mean that rebreather should not check linearity during a dive. In other words, a kind of real-time cell checker must be embedded into electronics itself, to do the job during a dive, like it currently is at Sentinel & OR mCCR. I personally consider these two models as most advanced breathers at today's sport market in regards of PPO2 control & fault-tolerant architecture.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast