+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OPV problem

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

OPV problem

The OPV on my new CK has started bubbling even with minimum CL pressure. It seems to pass the overpressure test and under pressure test it just does it in the water. I want to take it apart and inspect it but the manual is no help so can someone tell me how to get the OPV apart? Or maybe I should just soak it in a diluted vinegar solution? Any other ideas appreciated.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

not RBW staff. EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT has a reputation beyond repute EBT's Avatar
    Classic Kiss

Sports kiss, dolphin

Re: OPV problem

There used to be a great tear down on Bob Howells site, I just went to copy the link and discovered its now down

its basically an Apeks hi profile drysuit dump valve, maybe a google will help!

Flaccid Member abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie's Avatar
    Dammit I bought another KISS

CK, SK, Satori, ManBagOD

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc
    The OPV on my new CK has started bubbling even with minimum CL pressure. It seems to pass the overpressure test and under pressure test it just does it in the water. I want to take it apart and inspect it but the manual is no help so can someone tell me how to get the OPV apart? Or maybe I should just soak it in a diluted vinegar solution? Any other ideas appreciated.
    The one on my DUI drysuit (same design) got a hair stuck in it and started to leak. I managed to disassemble it and reassemble it without enormous difficulty although the patronizing git who is our local "distributor" refused point blank to provide any help at all (grrr). Once you work out how to snap the cover off it's easy.

Silly question but are you sure you have it turned the right way?

Dave Tomblin wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc has a reputation beyond repute wedivebc's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2, Megalodon

CCR Instructor Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by abowie
    The one on my DUI drysuit (same design) got a hair stuck in it and started to leak. I managed to disassemble it and reassemble it without enormous difficulty although the patronizing git who is our local "distributor" refused point blank to provide any help at all (grrr). Once you work out how to snap the cover off it's easy.

Silly question but are you sure you have it turned the right way?
    I just took it apart and it seems the outer diaphram gets distorted (pinched) when it is tightened down all the way. I backed it off a hair then reinserted the ratcheting cover. It seems to work better when I blow on it. I will have to dive it (oh darn) to be sure though.
    Thanks for the input guys.
    Cheers,

Dave....

www.wedivebc.com

Custom Title Allowed! Jamie B is on a distinguished road Jamie B is on a distinguished road Jamie B's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wedivebc
    I just took it apart and it seems the outer diaphram gets distorted (pinched) when it is tightened down all the way. I backed it off a hair then reinserted the ratcheting cover. It seems to work better when I blow on it. I will have to dive it (oh darn) to be sure though.
    Thanks for the input guys.
    When my OPV was bubbling the issue was eventually traced to the first stage inter-stage pressure having crept up too high. I reset it, no further problems.

Jamie

CK #146 and Shearwater prharris is on a distinguished road prharris is on a distinguished road prharris's Avatar

When re-assembling these, it's pretty straight forward, the only thing to watch is that there are 6 ways to put inner part onto the main body.

There is a single thread around the inner part, and if you look on the body, there is a ">" shaped arrow. Line the break in the thread up with the arrow.

hth
    Paul

+ Reply to Thread