+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amphibico Plan or Dom Port?

RBW Member Ingma is an unknown quantity at this point Ingma's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Amphibico Plan or Dom Port?

I look for a second Port for me Ampibico Phenom FXZ1 Housing. Now I have the wide angles 94° Dom Port. Not every dive I take videos from wrecks or whale sharks. :)
    I would like to a Port for take videos for normal reef fish’s and snails. I have two options, a Plan Port or a Dom Port without lenses.

Have anybody experience with the Port's from Amphibico?

Thank you & best regards
    Markus

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Re: Amphibico Plan or Dom Port?

Hi Markus,

Both ports for the Phenom are dome ports. I have and use both. I use the standard one as a backup. It is a great port but the view angle is much smaller. If you have the wide angle dome port I recommend to use it on all dives, except on the ones where the risk for scratches is too great to risk the larger port.

I hope that helps,

Peter

RBW Member Ingma is an unknown quantity at this point Ingma's Avatar
    JJ-CCR

Hi Peter

Thank you for your answer. It’s clear the different between the Dome Port without lenses and the width angles Dome Port.
    The third Port for the Phenom Housing is a Flat Port. Look on the website from Amphibico: AMPHIBICO - Underwater Imaging Equipment

Thank you and greetings from Switzerland.
    Markus

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ingma  View Original Post
    Hi Peter

Thank you for your answer. It’s clear the different between the Dome Port without lenses and the width angles Dome Port.
    The third Port for the Phenom Housing is a Flat Port. Look on the website from Amphibico: AMPHIBICO - Underwater Imaging Equipment

Thank you and greetings from Switzerland.
    Markus
    One is never to old to learn :D

+ Reply to Thread