+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else's network being blocked from RBW? Probable cause EXPLAINED

RBW Censor Bait teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple's Avatar
    Mk 15.5

Mk 15, Classic & Sport KISS

Anyone else's network being blocked from RBW? Probable cause EXPLAINED

From The Team Cymru Bogon List v4.5 30 OCT 2008
    Changes in version 4.1 (14 FEB 2008)
    • 173/8 and 174/8 allocated to ARIN (FEB 2008). Removed from the bogon lists.
    Bottom line: it is likely that several ISP's are inadvertantly blocking RBW because they do not maintain the bogon lists in their ACLs. The IP address that is assigned to the new RBW server is in a giant net range that was just put back in use by IANA in February of this year. Since many ISP's specifically block unassigned (bogon) IP ranges in their multi-faceted effort to counter denial of service attacks, it is not uncommon for a bogon list to be poorly maintained in *some* ISP's ACLs (Access Control Lists) they have applied to their external routers.

The US Department of Defense--thanks in part to lowest bidder contracting--has no shortage of bozos managing its network. And what do you know, I can't get to anything in that range from here in Iraq.

I suspect it is a network admin bozo somewhere here in Iraq who neglected to pull out the 174.0.0.0/8 net range from the bogon list he is supposed to maintain. But perhaps it is further upstream, where a bigger bozo is picking his nose. Any DoD network user outside Iraq having problems?

I had to make this post from the dreadully slow commercial "hoochnet" in the embassy palace compound, since I could not do it at work. And yes, I only access RBW on my off-hours, at no cost to US taxpayers.

Sometimes its nice to get a "fresh" IP on a nice, newly assigned IANA net block. But getting blocked by ISP bozos who don't bother maintaining their ACLS is one of the problems.

RBW Member Scott will become famous soon enough Scott will become famous soon enough Scott will become famous soon enough Scott will become famous soon enough Scott's Avatar
    FrankenLAR

Re: Anyone else's network being blocked from RBW? Probable cause EXPLAINED

Not sure if it will work for you.. but the great firewall of China blocks lots of rebreather related sites...

If I use proxybrowsing.com and ninjacloak.com, I can waltz right through the wall and get in =)

-Scott

RBW Member colinj is on a distinguished road colinj is on a distinguished road colinj's Avatar

I understood absofu*kin lutely none of that, but I hope you get this sorted rapidly, it should be a concern of every right thinking citizen of any country in the free world that our (joint) armed forces get everything they need in the situations our politicians put them.
    Hope this is sorted soonest, cymru am byth! Yaki-da teksimple-bach!

Stay Safe! Regards, Colinj

RBW Member Joe Botz is an unknown quantity at this point Joe Botz's Avatar

It might not be the often misused excuse of the "lowest bidder" with DOD.
    Their might be a reason outside your scope of clearance or knowledge as to why you have had stated problem.

Semper Fi..

RBW Censor Bait teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple is a glorious beacon of light teksimple's Avatar
    Mk 15.5

Mk 15, Classic & Sport KISS

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Botz  View Original Post
    It might not be the often misused excuse of the "lowest bidder" with DOD.
    Their might be a reason outside your scope of clearance or knowledge as to why you have had stated problem.

Semper Fi..
    Scope of my clearance, not a possible reason. Scope of knowledge, possible, because I do not know if the bozo's are applying the ACL's mandated by JTF GNO correctly. PM sent with details.

Brent - Narked at 90
    divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld has a reputation beyond repute divetheworld's Avatar
    Deep Pursuit or a Camelion

and 11 others inc. a UT-240

Can't connect to RBW from Vodafone connections
    Copying skips understanding. Understanding is how you grow. You have to understand why something works or why something is how it is. When you copy it, you miss that. WWW.NARKEDAT90.COM
    www.puwer.co.uk PUWER and Machinery CE Marking www.ce-eu.com

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

I can't get on RBW at work either. I'm pretty sure they use a Talk Talk business account, I think I read on YD someone else had trouble with the same ISP.

Cheers,

Stuart

RBW Member wallen is an unknown quantity at this point wallen's Avatar
    Poseidon MK6

I am unable to connect (from Perth, Western Australia) to RBW via my Telstra "BigPond" aDSL, but can connect if I use my iPhone as a wireless hotspot. This just started back on August 8, 2014. It appears RBW is the only web site giving me this problem.

Tomas Davidsson tompaspain is an unknown quantity at this point tompaspain's Avatar
    JJ

Classic Kiss

I have kind of the same problem,
    I cant conet with my ipad but i can conect with my computer at home?

Tomas

RBW Member Diving Dave is an unknown quantity at this point Diving Dave's Avatar
    JJ CCR

Anyone else's network being blocked from RBW? Probable cause EXPLAINED

Same

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast