+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Worst Dive Trip Ever!!

Never E nuff Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo is a jewel in the rough Mike Costanzo's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Re: Worst Dive Trip Ever!!

The following words from my friend, instructor, dive boat captain/owner/operator. I quote "This would be a great dive boat if it wasn't for the f_ _ kin customers.

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by diverreb  View Original Post
    Chris,

In fact Steve would have kept the whole day to himself if it hadn't been for the comments and actions of the Mate....

So by dealing with it at the time, are you suggesting he start a fight on the boat with mate who was threatening him?

I know many folks who have been on that boat.... Most of them have enjoyed their trips & have gotten tons of Teeth. Most of them will also admit the boat is not very comfortable, and not having a head of some sort on board, when a boat is a day boat is something out of the dark ages of diving.

The Capt. may be a bit of a hard ass at times. When I forwarded the story to two of the guys that have been out with him, one said, Yep that's him... The other said "He can be an As* at times."

That tells me that while most people enjoy their trips with Spirit, what Steve claims happened isn't out of the realm of possibility.

None of that shouldn't be public knowledge, and let the divers decide if that's their cup of tea or not.

I do believe that if anyone else had a well equipped fast boat with the numbers for the tooth ledge, he'd loose a lot of customers. The fact that he's the only guy running out there on a regular basis and constantly gets his charters on the Teeth excuses all the negative stuff on the boat.... You want teeth... It's basically the only ride in town.

Look, you run a great operation in the Keys and know what it takes to keep your customers happy. If you had uncomfortable boats without amenities you wouldn't have the reputation you do and wouldn't be as successful as you are.

Competition usually improves all businesses..... But I believe you would still strive to run the same operation if you were the only guy running out to the deeper wrecks.

You do more Tech stuff than probably any other operation in your area.... and you still maintain your high standards of operation. I'm sure you've had a few disgruntled customers over time.... everyone does.

I believe it is their right to tell their story.... As well as the people who have good things to say.

In your case, anyone who frequents the board would know it's an isolated incident as 99% of what people post about your operation is positive... and having been out with you, I know you run a good operation.

Richie
    Yeah, I agree. I just meant that why not tell the crew at the time that they are being asses and deal with it on the spot as opposed to posting on every forum you can find in an attempt to create as much damage as you possibly can. Thats bad form in my opinion.

RBW Member MyScubaShop.com will become famous soon enough MyScubaShop.com will become famous soon enough MyScubaShop.com will become famous soon enough MyScubaShop.com's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris at Silent World  View Original Post
    Sounds like great fun this Megalodon tooth diving lark. Might just have to book myself a trip up there to see if I can find one. Who will I call?.......Spearit charters probably. Ive heard a lot about them :)
    Chris....

Please consider diving with us aboard the "Spearit" for Giant Megalodon Shark Teeth off the Atlantic East Coast in warm blue gulf stream water.

This will be our 5th dive season recovering prehistoric fossils as much as 20 million years old.

During the last two dive seasons, our divers have recovered a total of 5,964 marketable teeth with an average of one 6"+ tooth coming up daily and each diver keeps everything they find.

I have 54 charters scheduled from June 7 - August 28, 2009.

Currently, about half the spots are spoken for. If you want to forward your email address to me at myscuba@comcast.net, I will send you an informational package and a list of available charters.

In the meantime, one of my customers from Chicago has produced a YouTube video with some of the footage I shot while recovering 88 Megalodon teeth in one dive. If you want to see the 7 minute video that he produced, please go to http://www.MyMegQuest.com and witness some of the fun I have on a daily basis.

Warm regards,
    "Sand Tiger" Scott
    MyScuba@comcast.net

Poseidon Adventures
    3301 Lancaster Pike, Ste 5A
    Wilmington, DE 19805
    302-887-9186 - Office

302-299-0416 - Cell

http://www.MyMegQuest.com (YouTube Video showing my recovery of giant prehistoric Megalodon Shark teeth)
    http://www.MyMegTeeth.com (Rare Fossilized Monster Shark Teeth on Our Website)
    http://www.MyMegalodon.com (Rare Fossilized Monster Shark Teeth on eBay)

Last edited by MyScubaShop.com; 22nd November 2008 at 03:14.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5