+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CNS limit. True or false

RBW Member Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko's Avatar
    HH Inspiration / Joki

Dolphin, Megalodon, RGU

CNS limit. True or false

Hi
    After some debate between some friends i come with a question.

What are the real limits of CNS for a single dive?

I know that for each guy and for each day the limits are diferent. But, we are making single deep dives with 150%-175% CNS without problems.

Are we dancing on top of some eggs or not?

Thanks
    Mikel

RBW Member Gary68 has a spectacular aura about Gary68 has a spectacular aura about Gary68 has a spectacular aura about Gary68 has a spectacular aura about Gary68 has a spectacular aura about Gary68 has a spectacular aura about Gary68's Avatar

Re: CNS limit. True or false

Depends on where the CNS exposure is getting developed on the dive. Keeping PPO2 <=1.1 on the working part of the dive I've heard is a pretty sure way to avoid toxing. Keeping CNS exposure low durring the working part of the dive is definitly a good idea - especially on a RB if there are potential CO2 issues. If you are breaking 80% CNS on the deeper portion of the dive you may be in serious danger.

CNS exposure with "air breaks" during resting deco has been tolerated by OC divers to extreme levels (thousands of % CNS). On CC CO2 issues may still come into play. Keeping PPO2 <=1.6 at deco on OC has rarely been questioned. Keeping PPO2 <=1.4 has been proposed in some rare cases on OC. I would imagine that on CC <=1.4 wouldn't be a bad idea.

Those DIR/WKPP divers have really pushed the boundries of CNS exposure. Looking at their proceedures would be a great idea.

+ Reply to Thread