+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CCR Cave Training Standards

Blacklisted Devils Advocate will become famous soon enough Devils Advocate will become famous soon enough Devils Advocate will become famous soon enough Devils Advocate will become famous soon enough Devils Advocate's Avatar
    1 of 6 on the shelf.

Re: CCR Cave Training Standards

TDI does have a set of CCR cave standards as they were written at the beginning of the year but not released. They need some fine adjustment but may be ready to go by the start of the new year.

Aaron.

ZeroEmissions Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad is a glorious beacon of light Nad's Avatar
    Sentinel/Boris/Evo/Liberty

HomeBuild, AP Classic, Path

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    I am looking for the CCR Cave Training standards for all current training agencies.

Anyone know who to contact to help get the ball rolling?

Those are the IANTD Standards:

IANTD Standards & Procedures

Page 92, CCR Cave. If you're already OC Cave Diver you will do just 400 minutes of bottom time with the CCR.

Hope this help.
    Nad

MEGalomaniac Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic's Avatar

I am looking for the CCR Cave Training standards for all current training agencies.

Anyone know who to contact to help get the ball rolling?
    I don't know about other agencies, but back when the NSS-CDS was considering adopting their Cave CCR standards I attended the board meeting. I was told by John Jones and Gene Melton, in no uncertain terms, that unless you were a CDS instructor you would not be given a copy of the CDS standards. So good luck with that.

I am not positive, BUT does Ginnie Springs require a CCR Cave Cert to dive on their property IF you are using a breather?
    Ginnie does have 'CCR Cave' on their waiver. Currently the don't require a CCR Cave cert to dive your rebreather there. While the kids that work the desk are sometimes misinformed on this issue, if you remain calm and ask to speak to Rose Meadows she'll get everything sorted out for you.

However, I can't imagine why they care if you have a CCR Cave Cert or not if they aren't going to require you to have one. Personally I think that eventually, that requirement will be in place. That will be a sad day.

Brian

RBW Member tbaldi is an unknown quantity at this point tbaldi's Avatar

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Benthic  View Original Post
    I don't know about other agencies, but back when the NSS-CDS was considering adopting their Cave CCR standards I attended the board meeting. I was told by John Jones and Gene Melton, in no uncertain terms, that unless you were a CDS instructor you would not be given a copy of the CDS standards. So good luck with that.

Ginnie does have 'CCR Cave' on their waiver. Currently the don't require a CCR Cave cert to dive your rebreather there. While the kids that work the desk are sometimes misinformed on this issue, if you remain calm and ask to speak to Rose Meadows she'll get everything sorted out for you.

However, I can't imagine why they care if you have a CCR Cave Cert or not if they aren't going to require you to have one. Personally I think that eventually, that requirement will be in place. That will be a sad day.

Brian
    I was not looking for the standards to see if they were going to restrict access to a cave, but more for the CCR training standards for full cave courses using CCR's

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

I attended the board meeting. I was told by John Jones and Gene Melton, in no uncertain terms, that unless you were a CDS instructor you would not be given a copy of the CDS standards. So good luck with that.Brian
    Wonder why a training agency would restrict on who could have a copy of their published training standards? Seems to me if your taking any type of course, the training standards should be something your provided.

MEGalomaniac Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic's Avatar

Wonder why a training agency would restrict on who could have a copy of their published training standards? Seems to me if your taking any type of course, the training standards should be something your provided.
    I agree with you Curt, I don't know why they'd restrict them, but that's what I was told. Now, that was back in Jan of 2007, so they *may* have changed their minds by now...I don't know.

Brian

RBW Member Dr. Tom is an unknown quantity at this point Dr. Tom's Avatar

I agree with you Curt, I don't know why they'd restrict them, but that's what I was told. Now, that was back in Jan of 2007, so they *may* have changed their minds by now...I don't know.

Brian
    because the lawyer representing training agency directs them not to
    tom

The raffle shiest-er Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth is just really nice Garth's Avatar
    Hammerhead Extreme eCCR

even after five years Dr. Tom?

I look forward to taking a CCR Cave course next spring but I hadn't thought of looking for the training standards.

I can't wait..

RBW Member Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1 has a reputation beyond repute Gobfish1's Avatar
    ybod

Well feek me , this one is a blast from the past , lol