+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Liquivision X1 Technical Dive Computer

Closed Account jtoorish is an unknown quantity at this point jtoorish's Avatar

Liquivision X1 Technical Dive Computer

from Curt Bowen on Vimeo.
    Last edited by Curt Bowen; 11th December 2008 at 00:30.

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

Re: Liquivision X1 Technical Dive Computer

Pretty cool. The XLINK looks nice as well.

One question for those more familiar with the X1:

Can you tap the unit from the side with the XL installed? Or, is tapping from that side even neccessary?

Thanks,

Eric

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by mempilot  View Original Post
    Pretty cool. The XLINK looks nice as well.

One question for those more familiar with the X1:

Can you tap the unit from the side with the XL installed? Or, is tapping from that side even neccessary?

Thanks,

Eric
    Good question!! I have Tony's X1 right now for a weekend test dive with it.

I saw on the screen that there are some menus that will need a tap on either the left OR right side. I am not sure which screens it was or even if it is an issue.

Someone with more knowledge needs to answer this for us.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member sparky750 is an unknown quantity at this point sparky750's Avatar

They do look bloody nice though

RBW Member mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot has a reputation beyond repute mempilot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sparky750  View Original Post
    They do look bloody nice though
    I'm sorry. What did you say? I was too busy looking at your avatar. :D

Closed Account jtoorish is an unknown quantity at this point jtoorish's Avatar

I believe you can tap the side with the X-link installed.

Also, the unit can be reversed, so with the X-link, you can use it on either wrist.

I will be writing a review of the X1 in an upcoming edition of Advanced Diver Magazine or the ADM E-zine and we will be linking to that review from RBW.

Jeff

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    Good question!! I have Tony's X1 right now for a weekend test dive with it.
    Tony's loaning it out? Me wanna try....

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    Tony's loaning it out? Me wanna try....
    See Tim, there are benefits to shareing a room with Tony for a week in cave country.

No need to go into details though .

I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

RBW Member dykkermads is an unknown quantity at this point dykkermads's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.7

Very nice!

Is it possible to link in with a Meg apecs 2.5?

I was thinking about the SP option but this is much nicer if all the information is readable on the small screen.

A friend of mine dives the X1 and has had some problems using it on bumpy boat dives. Somehow the computer reconfigures whiles sailing in the RIB on the way to the dive site. The bumpy ride makes the computer react ad it were being tapped.

Any knowledge about this?

ATB

/Mads

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by dykkermads  View Original Post
    Very nice!

Is it possible to link in with a Meg apecs 2.5?

I was thinking about the SP option but this is much nicer if all the information is readable on the small screen.

A friend of mine dives the X1 and has had some problems using it on bumpy boat dives. Somehow the computer reconfigures whiles sailing in the RIB on the way to the dive site. The bumpy ride makes the computer react ad it were being tapped.

Any knowledge about this?

ATB

/Mads
    Mads,

Currently you could take an existing meg, add the 4th cell countrlung option, and run the X1 off the 4th cell. Not very desirable IMO.

ISC does now offer the meg with a shearwater Pursuit as the secondary. Im not sure if they will do this only hardwired or with a fisher cable. If they will do it with a fisher cable, you're in luck since the PIN-outs on the cable are the same for both the Pursuit and the X1.

I also heard a rumor ISC is working with Liquivision, but I don't know how true that is. Call ISC and tell them what you want to do and see what they say.

As far as the X1 getting tapped while in a bumpy environment - 2 ways to deal with this. The top of the X1 must be tapped a certain amount of time to enter the menu - this can be changed from 3 to 5 taps. Also the sensitivity of the tapping can be changed from soft to medium or hard, requiring stronger taps to navigate. Or lastly, what I would do, is just wear the thing on your wrist while en-route.
    Last edited by Tienuts; 9th November 2008 at 14:55.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast