+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What video housing for sub 100 meter?

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Re: What video housing for sub 100 meter?

Quote Originally Posted by Nazaar  View Original Post
    If video housings are anything like stills housing the only difference between an Ally 100m housing and a 200m housing is the button springs, which are pretty simply to change out.
    not necessarily true.

Windows can deform if they are not thick enough in same way bodies can deform - either can lead to leakages or stress cracks over time.

I made up a thicker rear window for my Nexus D200 housing for 200m. Body is fine

New Member Muzz is on a distinguished road Muzz is on a distinguished road Muzz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rogeringebo  View Original Post
    Hi!
    Im looking in to getting some new video gear or at least a new housing.
    Now I use a Amphibico VH2000 for my Sony camera and its rated to 100m. Took it deeper a couple of times and all went well.
    I have been pushing it a bit and the little window in the back starts to look grey and funny sub 110m. No leak yet though....
    On the last deepy my home made buoyancy device imploded with a bang and scared the shit out of me to say the least :)

Any advice?

Cheers
    Roger
    Here is the smallest HD for 100m plus.
    And it happens to be for sale.
    Picasa Web Albums - Steve - Sonyseatools#

RBW Member leonardo has a spectacular aura about leonardo has a spectacular aura about leonardo has a spectacular aura about leonardo has a spectacular aura about leonardo has a spectacular aura about leonardo has a spectacular aura about leonardo's Avatar
    TresPresidentes and NT1

NT2, Hammerhead, AH1

Quote Originally Posted by rogeringebo  View Original Post
    Hi!
    Im looking in to getting some new video gear or at least a new housing.
    Now I use a Amphibico VH2000 for my Sony camera and its rated to 100m. Took it deeper a couple of times and all went well.
    I have been pushing it a bit and the little window in the back starts to look grey and funny sub 110m. No leak yet though....
    On the last deepy my home made buoyancy device imploded with a bang and scared the shit out of me to say the least :)

Any advice?

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi Roger.

Throws a look here: http://www.easydive.eu

They are guaranteed up to -200 meters. I'm using one of these for a year and I am very satisfied.

Leonardo

Photo & Video Pro h2ophotopro is an unknown quantity at this point h2ophotopro's Avatar

Gates is definitely one of the deepest rated housings on the market. I am sure if you talk to a Gates dealer or Gates direct, it can be arranged to have the housing set up with stronger springs.

One very important thing to consider is generally Glass ports have a shallower depth limit on them... i.e. the Gates standard port is only rated to 150 feet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2