+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What video housing for sub 100 meter?

Life starts at 100 rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo's Avatar
    Pelagian DCCCR

Classic KISS, Megalodon

What video housing for sub 100 meter?

Hi!
    Im looking in to getting some new video gear or at least a new housing.
    Now I use a Amphibico VH2000 for my Sony camera and its rated to 100m. Took it deeper a couple of times and all went well.
    I have been pushing it a bit and the little window in the back starts to look grey and funny sub 110m. No leak yet though....
    On the last deepy my home made buoyancy device imploded with a bang and scared the shit out of me to say the least :)

Any advice?

Cheers
    Roger
    Last edited by rogeringebo; 7th November 2008 at 15:56.

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Re: What video housing for sub 100 meter?

Quote Originally Posted by rogeringebo  View Original Post
    Hi!
    Im looking in to getting some new video gear or at least a new housing.
    Now I use a Amphibico VH2000 for my Sony camera and its rated to 100m. Took it deeper a couple of times and all went well.
    I have been pushing it a bit and the little window in the back starts to look grey and funny sub 110m. No leak yet though....
    On the last deepy my home made buoyancy device imploded with a bang and scared the shit out of me to say the least :)

Any advice?

Cheers
    Roger
    Hi Roger,

I have the same problem. My Phenom is only rated to 100 meters.

At Eurotek, there will be representation of Taras. They specialize in deep housings (200 meters). They have one planned for the upcoming Scarlet (little brother of the RED).

I'll try to get Doug (director Taras) in front of the camera to have a chat about his housings.

Take care,

Peter

Life starts at 100 rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo's Avatar
    Pelagian DCCCR

Classic KISS, Megalodon

Sure sounds interesting.
    Just booked flights to Birmingham:)

Cheers
    Roger

RBW Member nskdrs is just really nice nskdrs is just really nice nskdrs is just really nice nskdrs is just really nice nskdrs is just really nice nskdrs is just really nice nskdrs is just really nice nskdrs is just really nice nskdrs is just really nice nskdrs's Avatar
    RB80

KISS CK

Gates usually rates to 137m when using a suitable port.
    However I'm also aware about Gates-housings rated to 600m to be used on subs.

I'm pretty sure you could get something from Gates with your desired depth-rating.

HTH,
    Hoffi

EUROTEK Team Member Little Devil is on a distinguished road Little Devil is on a distinguished road Little Devil's Avatar
    Inspiration Vision

Dan Burton builds his own housings and has taken them to 200m. He's doing a presentation at Eurotek. Worth checking out - especially when you find out how cheap they are....

Submerge Productions PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver is a splendid one to behold PCDiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rogeringebo  View Original Post
    Sure sounds interesting.
    Just booked flights to Birmingham:)
    Cheers
    Roger
    Great. When do you arrive? Perhaps a pre conference drink on Friday?

Pelagian DCCCR

Classic KISS, Megalodon

Pre conference drink it is..
    Ill get in touch and we can make plans...

Roger

RBW Member Damac is an unknown quantity at this point Damac's Avatar

Check here: Subal Unterwassergehäuse für Foto und Video Light&Motion
    I heard they can make it for any depth but it cost a bit more. Additional 20 meter around 120 Euro. That's what I heard.
    Rgds.

RBW Member ChristianM is an unknown quantity at this point ChristianM's Avatar
    Dolphin SCR/CCR

silverfish - Unterwassergehuse fr Camcorder
    This one is rated to 160m.
    Cheers!
    Christian

RBW Member Nazaar will become famous soon enough Nazaar will become famous soon enough Nazaar will become famous soon enough Nazaar will become famous soon enough Nazaar's Avatar

If video housings are anything like stills housing the only difference between an Ally 100m housing and a 200m housing is the button springs, which are pretty simply to change out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast