+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can you tell when your tissues are loaded?

Explorers Exodus Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing's Avatar
    rEvo-II

Exclamation Can you tell when your tissues are loaded?

Didnt know where to put this thread, in her eor in decompression.....

Anyway I have a consistent issue where I can tell if I am super saturated on the surface. If I roll my neck around I can feel/hear it in my spine!

Background:
    When completely offgassed on surface I sometimes feel/hear something soudning like a small bubble seeping at the neck. This seems to be agrevated very much when I have been diving, so consistenly that it has to be some indication of supersaturation. Now I wont say that its is small bubbles but it just sounds like it
    I can actually tell when I have done a clean deco as the effect is then less pronounced.......

I have participated in a medical study, and there I got an ultrasound of the heart so there's no clear PFO. Though this is a very poor test for PFO.

My questions:
    Anyone else experience this?
    Ie. sound of gas/bubles at the base of the skull, during normal activities?
    Anyone know anything about this?
    Does anyone else experience this after diving?

I would like to find out if it is normal, and if not does it have a known cause...
    I keep forgetting about it, but sometimes it pops up. So I'm asking here, to get a feel for peoples oppinoins before I contact a hyperbaric doctor.

Nicolai
    Last edited by Hanssing; 7th November 2008 at 10:59.

a work in progress... rewrites has a spectacular aura about rewrites has a spectacular aura about rewrites has a spectacular aura about rewrites has a spectacular aura about rewrites has a spectacular aura about rewrites has a spectacular aura about rewrites's Avatar

Re: Can you tell when your tissues are loaded?

For me, the answer is no. I have no idea when I'm supersaturated. The only physiological symptoms I get are post dive: the usual tiredness/malaise if the deco hasn't been sufficient for whatever reason. I usually now try to pad my stops a little more to overcome this.

Your symptoms certainly warrant further investigation by a hyperbaric doc. I wonder whether this could be very mild mediastinal or subcutaneous emphysema? Although these are normally accompanied by more serious - and obvious - signs and symptoms. Could it be radiated and/or referred sensation/sound from perhaps your sinuses and eustachian tubes normalising post dive?

Interesting.

PH

RBW Member Gary68 has a spectacular aura about Gary68 has a spectacular aura about Gary68 has a spectacular aura about Gary68 has a spectacular aura about Gary68 has a spectacular aura about Gary68 has a spectacular aura about Gary68's Avatar

I don't relate it to being supersaturated but I sometimes get a similar feeling - often after long dives.

I call it feeling "crunchy" and take more painkillers then usual and try to get better hydrated.

Roland Somodi rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver is a glorious beacon of light rolanddiver's Avatar
    Homebuilt(s)

Inspiration Classic

You might want to PM Dr. Simon Mitchell. If someone, he would know the right answer for you.

VR

Roland

RBW Member nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh has much to be proud of nigelh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hanssing  View Original Post
    Anyway I have a consistent issue where I can tell if I am super saturated on the surface. If I roll my neck around I can feel/hear it in my spine!
    Sorry but that isn't supersaturated that is bent.

Supersaturated is gas still in solution in a liquid and is just the same as a liquid. If you feel/hear something it has ceased to be a simple liquid and is a liquid with bubbles in it... and if you can feel them they ain't little bubbles.

It isn't just a stiff neck from keeping you head up for a long dive is it?

Life starts at 100 rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo is a glorious beacon of light rogeringebo's Avatar
    Pelagian DCCCR

Classic KISS, Megalodon

Ill get my popcorns out for this tread:)

Roger

Explorers Exodus Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing's Avatar
    rEvo-II

Quote Originally Posted by rolanddiver  View Original Post
    You might want to PM Dr. Simon Mitchell. If someone, he would know the right answer for you.
    Allready did, as soon as I had posted - lets see if he answers.

Quote Originally Posted by nigelh  View Original Post
    Sorry but that isn't supersaturated that is bent.
    Supersaturated is gas still in solution in a liquid and is just the same as a liquid. If you feel/hear something it has ceased to be a simple liquid and is a liquid with bubbles in it... and if you can feel them they ain't little bubbles.
    Further explanation:
    • I have no other symptoms, no stiffness or anything. Dives are about 60'ish minutes, so not that long.
    • I sometime get the same sensation/sounds eventhough I have not been near water for weeks, and I allways have.
    • I dont per say feel anything as much as hear it through the bone-structure.
    • I'm quitesure that it is not he sinuses, as this can be felt very clearly.
    Could be that I'm bent - but then I'm allways bent
    The effect is less now I'm using CCR and diving VPM+5, than when I was OC following a quantum.

So...
    I'm asking because I remebered the effect reading on another thread. And though I keep forgetting about it, its uhm, worrisome because for the neck/spine area wich it seems to originate from.

My own pet theory wich I was worried about was a PFO, but I unsure if this could cause micro-bubbling when you're not diving. I'm not even sure what is happening is in gas-phase...

To Roger: I dont have popcorn but Chocolate, and it is interesting. Though I really thought someone else would have experienced this....

Lets se if anyone else chimes in.

Nicolai

rEvo-II

Been reading and thinking.... Not a good combo.

OK, I'm talking out loud here, but from does any one know the precise mechanism when you 'crack/pop' your fingers?
    From memory I've been told that it was a small airbubble/cavitation, and on WikiPedia - Joint manipulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Well I can stretch my back and get small clicks and pops - so can most people I woudl think. So can I, if I roll my neck.
    Now if the fluids are supersaturated with nitrogen then what happens during theese clicks?

Hmmm..... Normal or bendomatic....

Nicolai
    Last edited by Hanssing; 7th November 2008 at 15:07.

rEvo-II

Quote Originally Posted by Gary68  View Original Post
    I don't relate it to being supersaturated but I sometimes get a similar feeling - often after long dives.

I call it feeling "crunchy" and take more painkillers then usual and try to get better hydrated.
    Hi Gary,

Well then, thats two with the "symptoms".
    Do you get them in the neck/spine area also?

Nicolai

"Two Sheds" Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos has a reputation beyond repute Janos's Avatar
    JJ Rebreather

Classic Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by Hanssing  View Original Post
    Been reading and thinking.... Not a good combo.

OK, I'm talking out loud here, but from does any one know the precise mechanism when you 'crack/pop' your fingers?
    From memory I've been told that it was a small airbubble/cavitation, and on WikiPedia - Joint manipulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Well I can stretch my back and get small clicks and pops - so can most people I woudl think. So can I, if I roll my neck.
    Now if the fluids are supersaturated with nitrogen then what happens during theese clicks?

Hmmm..... Normal or bendomatic....

Nicolai
    Cracking your joints (fingers or neck or wherever) is a bad idea after diving. Bubbles need to form around something, and pressure waves are ideal.

If you are creating bubbles, then I think you are bending yourself, even if only to a small degree.

Supersaturation isn't a bad thing. Everyone is supersaturated to some degree after a dive. But it's different to a bend.

Janos

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast