+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Stealth Military Rebreather

RBW Member CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900 has a spectacular aura about CCR900's Avatar

Re: Stealth Military Rebreather

Quote Originally Posted by lizardland
    It's a very nice bit of kit, excellent quality of workmanship from what I've seen of it. I had a poke round it at the Oceanology trade show last year whilst the Divex rep was being distracted and then I was quickly shooed away. Obviously I looked shifty and it was a safe bet that if he didn't come back I was having it :)
    Quality goes without saying, I too got my head inside the box and I was impresssed. I saw it dived once and my impression was that whilst it desn't have the depth of say the MK15.5 or Ouroborus (because of the radial scrubbers)it was long.

By depth I mean height off a divers back and nothing to do with diving depth.

Does anyone have any details on the scubber design, from what I saw it seemed to be a simple axial set up? (Or do I have to be shot once I find out :) )

F

RBW Member gabrielesub will become famous soon enough gabrielesub will become famous soon enough gabrielesub will become famous soon enough gabrielesub will become famous soon enough gabrielesub's Avatar
    Vision

Classic, dolphin, azimuth, ray

Quote Originally Posted by rogeringebo
    the photos were taken today by me......they are here in Sweden to push it on the Swedish military market....the price is about 50 000 usd ......the Divex guy ´would not say.....but we got around that and it is about 450 000 swedish kronor.....witch is about 8.20 to the dollar and 14 to the Sterling....
    Kevlar.carbonfibre.and stuff...have a black box like a aeroplane if somethings go wrong.......can use a line with a cord in it so surfaceteam can se breathingrate,po2,battery,depth,deco time,millivolts in sensors,the works.........has backup battery...can plug it in to a bailout Rb.....and a lot more features...
    Made the Cis look really old =)Rodge

Much more features are included in the divex stealth...
    impossible to say all.
    Excellent work of breathing, very powerfull electronics & software... vacuum into the electronic's can with indication on your display!... and more

Diving it is very nice, very low profile...streamlined easy to swim.
    Easy to switch to OC and to Off board gas...
    The Divex/AGA DMM (dual mode mask) with integrated poseidon OC reg. is really good (just a little heavy because made of aluminum, not made of plastic/fiber or other stuff).
    The unit seems pretty robust.

It is not the best set for our kind of dives (recreational/technical diving), it would need some modifications....
    the design is optimazed for military operation.
    ANother reason to say "is not for technical divers"!? the price!!
    It sounds like the cost is about 60K USD full optional.
    We are talking about a very low mag/very low acoustic/ very reliable unit.

I ll post some pics...

Rodge...
    please say "ciao" to P.H. from Divex.... from Gabriele, the Italian CCR Diver.

Thanks

Gabriele
    Attached Images
    Last edited by gabrielesub; 27th November 2005 at 08:13.

Martini Diver Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW is just really nice Simon TW's Avatar
    rEvo III Expedition + others

rEvo Meg AP Sentinel KISS

I met a guy over a year ago who dived a divex stealth. German military. I posted on YD in august 2004 and I enquired with the company who manufactures them. £45,000 was the price.

They refused to sell me one. they take a dim view on divers who arn't military. Maybe they just want to sell in bulk.

If enough people want to buy one then I suggset you all get together, talk to a third world military dictatorship and buy a batch. They'd be happy to do that IMHO. :)

RBW Member iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm has a brilliant future iain-hsm's Avatar

I understood that the rebreather depth rating was reduced to 40MSW (132FSW) pending an investigation after the death of a German military diver this year. I further understood that the unit was withdrawn from active service again pending further evaluation shortly after the death of the SBS (Special Boat Service) Royal Marines commander after he was killed in Norway in March 2005.

Banned - Threat of Litigation AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9's Avatar

Iain,

I did not understand the reduction in operating depth. It was not a reduction in max deco time.

What is the WOB on the Stealth? I thought it met EN14143.

Alex
    Last edited by AD_ward9; 28th November 2005 at 18:10.

RBW Member SHT is an unknown quantity at this point SHT's Avatar

STEALTH UBA or VIPER-E UBA ????

Dear All,

I was wondering, have you any technical comparison chart between DIVEX' military STEALTH UBA and CARLETON's military VIPER-E UBA ???

I remain

Ziya
    SHT

Train Wrecked Guppy ;) brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr has much to be proud of brockbr's Avatar

Does this model have manual O2 injection?

I was buddied with a Stealth during CCR Cave, and that model couldn't inject O2 manually.

The unit itself was an awesome bit of engineering though :D
    iDeco Pro - iPhone Decompression Planning
    iDeco Pro

RBW Member Stralachlan is an unknown quantity at this point Stralachlan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brockbr  View Original Post
    Does this model have manual O2 injection?

I was buddied with a Stealth during CCR Cave, and that model couldn't inject O2 manually.

The unit itself was an awesome bit of engineering though :D

No it doesnt, and IainHSM - you need to get a better source of info. The SBS guy was using open circuit when he died.
    Last edited by Stralachlan; 29th May 2009 at 19:23.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2