+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Light mounting options....

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Light mounting options....

Oh, my DIR buddies will be rolling.... but here it goes...

Options for mounting the light off the waist strap....

With a pocket to hold the secondary, and adding a 2nd bailout bottle over there, the waist strap is getting a little crowded to the right, and I'm debating two possible options....

a> moving to a smaller can, i.e something like a 5.7 lithium, or
    b> mounting the light can inverted on the backplate

I have a 21W 9a nimh Salvo....

RBW Member pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476 has a spectacular aura about pwl4476's Avatar
    Meg

Re: Light mounting options....

Like you, I'm a DWW guy Tim. I moved mine off the strap a few months ago. I mounted mine to my O2 tank. I mounted it with a SR-71 mount. Here's a picture of the mount: Dive Shop. I inverted the cannister and with the SR mount, it folds in out of the way, can be reached for on/off standing up or trimmed out, and it makes zero noise. I mounted it so that the switch would be outward and the light cord against my body. It's one of the best improvements that I've made. It's even easy to reach with dry gloves on.

My rig is broken down and in its case or I'd take a picture for you. If it helps, I can take a photo of the cannister mounted on the tank.

Paul

Tim,
    I still mount my light on my waist. I will see if I can get some pictures this weekend. I use waist mounted pockets that I switch between different gear set ups to include side mount. I found to keep things from getting too crowded it is important to properly route the bail out cylinder rear clip. If I get the pictures taken I will email them to you since I don't know how to load pictures on the forum.

Bobby

Down to no good kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter has a reputation beyond repute kwinter's Avatar
    JJ, Flex

rEvo III, Optima, GEM

You could clip off the secondary instead of using a waist-mounted pocket. But inverting the can and side mounting to the plate is very common, even with a large wreck canister.

RBW Member offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro has a spectacular aura about offpro's Avatar
    rEvo, FGT, Boris

Meg

I dive with golem butplate and my 2nd stage on my right side... I mount my Salvo 24w inverted with argon straps to the backplate... works good for me! ;)

Markku Diedrich Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure is a glorious beacon of light Fun Under Pressure's Avatar
    Megalodon Apeks 2.5

Classic Inspiration

On my right site on the backplate with two bungees, works perfect for me..

So Cal Tech Diver aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie's Avatar
    Meg

Inspo (when it works)

I bungee mine to my O2 cylinder. Works quite nicely.
    Andrew Ainslie

Buhlmann = Bend and Mend
    VPM/RGBM = Mend and Bend
    GF 35-50/70-85 = Mend and Mend

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aainslie  View Original Post
    I bungee mine to my O2 cylinder. Works quite nicely.
    Thru the waist strap....? Just thinking otherwise it could slip out quite easily...

RBW Member tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris will become famous soon enough tflaris's Avatar
    Evolution, Side-mount Meg

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    Oh, my DIR buddies will be rolling.... but here it goes...

Options for mounting the light off the waist strap....

With a pocket to hold the secondary, and adding a 2nd bailout bottle over there, the waist strap is getting a little crowded to the right, and I'm debating two possible options....

a> moving to a smaller can, i.e something like a 5.7 lithium, or
    b> mounting the light can inverted on the backplate

I have a 21W 9a nimh Salvo....
    One vote for the inverted attached to the backplate. I really like in that location.

So Cal Tech Diver aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie has a reputation beyond repute aainslie's Avatar
    Meg

Inspo (when it works)

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    Thru the waist strap....? Just thinking otherwise it could slip out quite easily...
    Not if it's tight enough. The bungee is already tight on the tank - it's actually hard to put over the canister. It stays put. And nope, nothing around the waist strap. Just two bungees around the tank.
    Andrew Ainslie

Buhlmann = Bend and Mend
    VPM/RGBM = Mend and Bend
    GF 35-50/70-85 = Mend and Mend

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast