+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Florida Trip Redux: Nov 14th, 15th, 16th

RBW Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Florida Trip Redux: Nov 14th, 15th, 16th

Hi all,

well, we've rescheduled our trip. The plan stays the same. The logistics change a bit. I am booking the boats for those flying in (Mike, Tom, Sam and I thus far) and if you're local, you have to call the boat captains yourself.

Our plan is to dive on Avid Divers on Friday and Saturday and Silent Diving on Sunday.

We're going to dive a selection of wrecks in the 100-150ft range. As you may know I don't feel comfortable (nor certified) to dive anything deeper just yet so that'll probably stay our plan.

We plan to dive morning and afternoon. I am thinking 2 long dives a day but maybe not, I am open.

For Sunday, we'd like to hit the Spiegel Grove and the Duanne.

We'd love to do a nice dinner with all, maybe on Sunday or Saturday night ?

As before, I'd like to borrow a set of AL13 and an AL80 (Howard, can I borrow that from you ?)

So this is a call to all local (and traveling) rebreather divers and OC friends. Come dive with us, all of those days or some, let us know in this thread. Everyone take Friday off, let's dive, let's party !

Erik

----

Schedule:

Friday AM (Avid Diver, Pompano Beach): Sam, Mike, Tom, Erik
    Friday PM (Avid Diver, Pompano Beach): Sam, Mike, Tom, Erik
    Saturday AM (Avid Diver, Pompano Beach): Sam, Mike, Tom, Erik
    Saturday PM (Avid Diver, Pompano Beach): Sam, Mike, Tom, Erik
    Sunday AM (Silent Diving, KL): Sam, Mike, Tom, Erik
    Sunday PM (Silent Diving, KL): Sam, Mike, Tom, Erik

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

Re: Florida Trip Redux: Nov 14th, 15th, 16th

I am looking foreword to the journey into S.C.R.U.B.S territory!

I have a friendly request for any evolution members in the area I am looking to borrow two sets of 2L for my YBOD that I am bringing down. Let me know if anyone can help accommodate this request.

I am also looking for an 40 or 80 BO if anyone has an extra in the area and will not be using it for this weekend.

I look foreword to seeing those I know and meeting new friends.

Tom

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NEDIVER  View Original Post

I have a friendly request for any evolution members in the area I am looking to borrow two sets of 2L for my YBOD that I am bringing down. Let me know if anyone can help accommodate this request.

I am also looking for an 40 or 80 BO if anyone has an extra in the area and will not be using it for this weekend.

Tom
    There's only one active YBOD in the circle that I'm aware of, he has a single set of 3L... you might be best off shipping your own down, I'm sure one of the gang can receive it for you, or rent from FX

I can offer an AL80, I think my AL40's are already committed to Erik and Sam.

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

I have shipped 3L tanks from PA to FL by UPS in the past and it only cost about $20. Remove the valves and take them with you.

John

RBW Member ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl is on a distinguished road ScubaAl's Avatar
    Inspiration, rEvo micro

Another option might be to contact Fill Express I have been think about making a trip to Florida around the Thanksgiving time frame.
    Only problem is, I just dread hauling my Inspiration to the airport with all the restrictions the airlines have now days. So renting tanks might make it a little easier. Still would need to carry the RB along with all the other dive gear.
    Because of all the hassles involved with flying, I might just end up driving from Minnesota. At least then I would have everything I need.
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by NEDIVER  View Original Post

Tom

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

Well, I have decided on two courses of action:

First, called Fill Express and bought another set of tanks (I needed a second set, regardless) and they will be filled and ready to pick up when I get down there.

Secondly, I am taking Tim's advise and reaching out to see who may be willing to receive my original set of tanks that I would like to ship down. This way I will always have two sets when we head out on the boat.

Anyone willing to sell a half jug or sorb? or enough sorb for the three days of diving? Again, I don't want to put anyone out. If all else fails I will just buy a jug and ship back the unused and use it through out the year (along with my other jugs in the basement).

Thanks for the great feedback thus far. Just trying to save where I can in this economy.

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Erik,

Je serais au nord de la Florida le weekend du 15 novembre pour la conference NACD. Si vous le desirez, vous pouvez emprunter mes bouteilles Alum 13. Je les deposerais a Fill Express et elles vous attendrons la semaine avant the 14. Quand vous aurez termine vos plongees, deposez les simplement a Fill Express ou je les recupererais.

Erik, i got my wife to write this (she is French) but you better respond in english! (my french sucks)

jeff

Surface Interval Clothing Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez's Avatar

I'm in for round two. Same commitment from me as before. Count me in for all dives. I rescheduled my flight 13th - 17th.

RBW Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Awesome.

Friday AM (Avid Diver, Pompano Beach): Sam, Mike, Tom, Erik, Eric
    Friday PM (Avid Diver, Pompano Beach): Sam, Mike, Tom, Erik, Eric
    Saturday AM (Avid Diver, Pompano Beach): Sam, Mike, Tom, Erik, Eric
    Saturday PM (Avid Diver, Pompano Beach): Sam, Mike, Tom, Erik, Eric
    Sunday AM (Silent Diving, KL): Sam, Mike, Tom, Erik, Eric
    Sunday PM (Silent Diving, KL): Sam, Mike, Tom, Erik, Eric

That's 1 spot left on Friday & Saturday left if I am correct and 3 on Sunday.
    Last edited by edasque; 1st November 2008 at 17:06.

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    There's only one active YBOD in the circle that I'm aware of, he has a single set of 3L... you might be best off shipping your own down, I'm sure one of the gang can receive it for you, or rent from FX

I can offer an AL80, I think my AL40's are already committed to Erik and Sam.
    Thanks for the responses, FX is willing to receive my original set of tanks, this way it is one stop to pick up two sets filled and ready to dive!

Still looking for some loose sorb for the three days of diving, as to not have to buy a new jug (I know it is limited with optima revolution going on in FL)

Quote Originally Posted by Pipnaintez  View Original Post
    I'm in for round two. Same commitment from me as before. Count me in for all dives. I rescheduled my flight 13th - 17th.
    Eric, Glad you could make it! It will be fun to dive with you again. are you bringing a video camera?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast