Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Issues with maps and destinations

RBW Member wobbiegongdiver is on a distinguished road wobbiegongdiver is on a distinguished road wobbiegongdiver's Avatar

Re: Issues with maps and destinations

Same problem. Just a line on the map where my info should appear.

My unit can beat up yours JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97's Avatar
    Optima

Quote Originally Posted by wobbiegongdiver  View Original Post
    Same problem. Just a line on the map where my info should appear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian7  View Original Post
    I have the pin in the correct place however there is only a 'blank' when you place the cursor over the pin, rather than name etc. I notice there are several others the same... any clues as to how to correct ? I have checked my profile etc and it all seems to be correct.

Brian
    Hmmm, I don't have a guaranteed fix for this one, but from looking at what my and other users' full map marker information shows it looks like it pulls the name from the 'your entry' tab on the RBW map; and then shows your actual user name and avatar picture under that. For example, it appears that some users entered a different name or phrase in their respective 'your entry' tab ... so just as a stab in the dark, click on the 'your entry' tab and make sure your name and correct lat/long info is duplicated there just like it is in your profile. It may require that info to populate the marker and then just pulls in your avatar and user name. Give that a go - if it doesn't work then you might have to move on to an actual smart person ... :)

RBW Member wobbiegongdiver is on a distinguished road wobbiegongdiver is on a distinguished road wobbiegongdiver's Avatar

With respect to the previous post. Well, obviously I'm missing something. Have done the old cut and paste - identical as far as I can tell. Location is correct, so that is not the issue. Perhaps the "forum monitors" don't like my picture ... ;) ... can't say that I do as well.

Oh well, waiting for help. Think that I'll go diving.

Brian Mecklem Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7's Avatar
    PRISM 2, EXPLORER

PRISM TOPAZ

Angry Re: Issues with maps and destinations

Quote Originally Posted by JCdesign97  View Original Post
    Hmmm, I don't have a guaranteed fix for this one, but from looking at what my and other users' full map marker information shows it looks like it pulls the name from the 'your entry' tab on the RBW map; and then shows your actual user name and avatar picture under that. For example, it appears that some users entered a different name or phrase in their respective 'your entry' tab ... so just as a stab in the dark, click on the 'your entry' tab and make sure your name and correct lat/long info is duplicated there just like it is in your profile. It may require that info to populate the marker and then just pulls in your avatar and user name. Give that a go - if it doesn't work then you might have to move on to an actual smart person ... :)
    Seems to make sense however some unsuccessful experimentation shows that the profile entry is automatically updated from the Goggle Map entry,, I have now tried removing spaces etc however still no success. Any other suggestions ?

My unit can beat up yours JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97's Avatar
    Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Brian7  View Original Post
    Seems to make sense however some unsuccessful experimentation shows that the profile entry is automatically updated from the Goggle Map entry,, I have now tried removing spaces etc however still no success. Any other suggestions ?
    Sorry Brian - after some further experimentation myself I can't answer why your info won't show along with your correct location now. My first thought would be that maybe the linking functionality to profile info got broken in the move of RBW from the previous owners to the new; but it appears from a couple of posts before yours that a few other users have gotten theirs to work even after the move. I'm going to have to now defer to someone who actually knows what the hell they're talking about ...

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

The Map program is third party software that Stuart installed and has ZERO to do with RBW software makeup. I do not have the ability to fix the inner programming of this third party software, thus it can not be fixed, unless someone can tell me where they got the software and if there is an update.

Choose Freedom - UKIP Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby is a jewel in the rough Scubascooby's Avatar

I just thought I'd update my locations and I'm having the same probs.

Do you know the name of the 3rd party application that does the mapping ?

Brian Mecklem Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7 will become famous soon enough Brian7's Avatar
    PRISM 2, EXPLORER

PRISM TOPAZ

It appears to be a java script on the web page involved (look at the source code for the page). Anyone with some Java knowledge may be able to tweek it without much work. ( Not me unfortunately - I know just enough to get into trouble !!) The script appears reasonable simply and the table already is holding all the correct data for each member, it would seem that the code is just not locating/displaying the record as intended.

PRISM 2, EXPLORER

PRISM TOPAZ

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Bowen  View Original Post
    The Map program is third party software that Stuart installed and has ZERO to do with RBW software makeup. I do not have the ability to fix the inner programming of this third party software, thus it can not be fixed, unless someone can tell me where they got the software and if there is an update.
    Please ignore my earlier comments - as I said I only knew enough about JAVA to be dangerous.
    Some further investigation suggests that the product probably is Google Member Map, the version on RBW being BETA 1.0.3. If this is the case then there is an update and support available at
    Google Member Map

Hope this helps :)

Brian