Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Issues with maps and destinations

Smeagle-the dive carnival otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround's Avatar
    Ouroboros

O2ptima

Unhappy Issues with maps and destinations

For one I can't use the map... not for my location... or for the location of the club I dive at.... I haven't since the time I first signed on

I tried entering "our" club's info and was told to wait... and wait... and wait... until finally I died and then the battery on the pc died as did everyone who would have seen the post had I first gotten it straight through. Any signs of figuring out what's up?

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

Re: Issues with maps and destinations

I posted a while back about the same issue. I can't put a pushpin in my little spot of the world map. It's been broken since I got here, about 2 years. I was told fixing the problem is on the "to do list", but nothing so far.
    Hopefully they'll get it sorted out soon.

FD:)

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by firemandiver  View Original Post
    I posted a while back about the same issue. I can't put a pushpin in my little spot of the world map. It's been broken since I got here, about 2 years. I was told fixing the problem is on the "to do list", but nothing so far.

RBW is under new management and didnt know there was a problem with it. BUT many changes and up-dates are on the schedule before this will be handled

Smeagle-the dive carnival otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround is just really nice otterinaround's Avatar
    Ouroboros

O2ptima

Quote Originally Posted by firemandiver  View Original Post

WOW that sort of flame poking out of a building brings back memories!!! Look at the dancing overhead! That photo screams for water... an axe... a slow breathe on the bottle... and a prayer for the guys on the roof! GREEN!

Mark Hilley firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver is just really nice firemandiver's Avatar
    Kiss Sport

Dolphin, Ray, Homebuild

Curt,

Thanks for noticing the thread. Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm sure this will get fixed when time allows. Keep up the good work!

FD:D

RBW Member jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar's Avatar

Any update on this? Is there a support desk I can call and open a ticket with? 1-800-??

RBW Key Holder
    Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen has a reputation beyond repute Curt Bowen's Avatar
    KISS CLASSIC

Megalodon, Kiss Sport

Quote Originally Posted by jepuskar  View Original Post
    Any update on this? Is there a support desk I can call and open a ticket with? 1-800-??

No, its not up for repairs yet, UNLESS someone knows someone who knows how to fix it, because I do not.

RBW Member jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar is just really nice jepuskar's Avatar

I'm sure with all the smart people on here someone can figure this out. After all this is rebreatherworld.

Dive Aqaba Owner Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson is a glorious beacon of light Rod Abbotson's Avatar
    Pelagian

Dolphin, GAF

I have had the same problem for a while now..ever since I made my center rebreather friendly...Im trying to put it on the map in more senses than just this one but no luck here. Without support the rebreather side of things will never grow...very fustrating!! Seems only the big boys can do this!!
    I would be grateful for any help...

Rod
    Dive Aqaba
    Jordan

My unit can beat up yours JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97's Avatar
    Optima

The issue with the RBW map is just the drag and drop pointer functionality not working. It will still display your location correctly if you enter your correct latitude/longitude coordinates manually, either in your profile or when you're in the 'your entry' tab under RBW World Map.

The trick here is getting the correct lat/long coordinates - there are several ways to do it, but you have to make sure it's on the correct datum; and also the RBW map works in decimals of degrees, which has to be converted from degrees, minutes and seconds. Google Earth for example is probably the easiest way for most people, but it's values are in degrees, minutes & seconds. You also have to remember that eastern latitudes and southern longitudes have to be entered as negative values (-XX.XXXX). If you look in the middle of Asia, you will see a number of North American RBW member locations - this is because they got as far as to calculate their correct lat/long, but forgot the negative latitude, so it has them in the eastern hemisphere. :)

Here is a site that does exactly what the RBW map drag and drop is supposed to do: Latitude and Longitude of a Point
    Just drag the red push pin onto your location and the underlying map will keep refining as you go further into detail. When you get all the way down to street level it may be easier to switch to the 'satellite' view and you can pick out your actual location, if the imaging is detailed enough where you are. Then just copy the respective lat/long numbers from the first box below left of the map (the decimal ones, not the deg/min/sec). This particular utility even gives the correct negative values for eastern lats and southern longs, so it's as simple as copying the two values into your RBW profile.

Good luck - let's get all of those lost souls out of Asia! :D
    Last edited by JCdesign97; 18th January 2009 at 15:12.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast