+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Creaky Joints

Banned AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM has much to be proud of AM's Avatar

Re: Creaky Joints

Hi peeps -Tim maybe you're creaking because you're old - just kidding!! In fact I must be old too then as my knees creak and click and have done for years!!!

There IS evidence that rapid compression is not good for you but then slow descents mean less bottom time - I guess it's a trade off!

There is also evidence that repeated niggles such as joint bends can lead to avascular bone necrosis but one would have to be getting bent fairly regularly to cause this sort of local damage.

Every dive's a deco dive though! We still take on bubbles on no stop dives!

Basically for the type of diving many on this board do, i.e. rebreather/deep/deco dives, there is very little data about the future impact - it IS known that sport diving on air, especially deep air, can be damaging.

Regards

AnneMarie

New Member Steve S is an unknown quantity at this point Steve S's Avatar

Hi All,

thats me bu**ered then because most of my joints either hurt creak or both before during and after diving

Safe diving,
    Steve

Flaccid Member abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie's Avatar
    Dammit I bought another KISS

CK, SK, Satori, ManBagOD

All RB divers have creaking joints because by the time you're old enough to be able to afford an RB you're already one foot in the grave.

The few RB divers who claim they don't creak are just deaf from too much IEDCI.

Sporty, Spritely KISSer nl_carey is an unknown quantity at this point nl_carey's Avatar

Speak for yourself creaky! Some of us just have lots of debt instead - I'll be creaky by the time I've paid it off...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2