+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ouroboros -172m = Weapon of Mass Explorations

Deep Cave Explorer DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM's Avatar

Ouroboros -172m = Weapon of Mass Explorations

Back from France where my Ouroboros worked perfectly through a dive of 5h30 (no increase of the WOB even at the end) in a 17/19 cel deg water covering 4,4km (2,2km in 2,2km out) max depth -172m

What was just amazing was to be able at -172m to do all the task (taking samples of sediments and water, measuring with a modified echo sounder the diameter of the shaft) with just keeping an eye on the HUD

Same thing scootering the distance in and out the cave, just amazing !

MANY thanks to Kevin Gurr and all of his team (Nick, Jason, Tim ...) for all the work on that FABULOUS rebreather

A full report will come soon on www.snoopyloop.com and beginning of the year in some dive magazines

Regards to all

Jerome

Re: Ouroboros -172m = Weapon of Mass Explorations

Well Done, you mad French man.

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

That's some amazing diving you do there, Jerome.
    Congratulations to you and your team!

I'm looking forward to the report.
    Last edited by caveseeker7; 25th November 2005 at 21:56.

Custom Title Allowed! Gadget will become famous soon enough Gadget will become famous soon enough Gadget will become famous soon enough Gadget will become famous soon enough Gadget's Avatar

[quote=Northern Monkey]

The breather is up for sale this looks like more fun!!

Well done Mate. you dont do things by halves.

RBW Member Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko's Avatar
    HH Inspiration / Joki

Dolphin, Megalodon, RGU

CONGRATULATIONS

PROTEC MEXICO mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico is a name known to all mattmexico's Avatar

Congratulations

Matt
    N 20' 37.617'
    W 87' 04.693'

New Member s75952004 is an unknown quantity at this point s75952004's Avatar

drjm
    wow what a dive .:D
    I do have to ask been reading about cave diving (blue print for survial) ,when you are useing a scooter how do you keep from losing the main line?

Deep Cave Explorer DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM is a glorious beacon of light DrJM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by s75952004
    drjm
    wow what a dive .:D
    I do have to ask been reading about cave diving (blue print for survial) ,when you are useing a scooter how do you keep from losing the main line?

Thanks guys for your messages, I wish you all to dive that cave one day it's really beautiful over there !

I'm not sure I understand (sorry I'm french:p) your question about the line ? in "Port Miou" cave you just follow the line visually, the vis is crystal clear probably 20-30m vis. Things got complicated when from -120 you pull your own line into the unknown, so right hand for the scoot and left hand for the reel and a finger for the dry suit inflator, and the other finger for the wing inflator, because going down passed -140m that's using a hell of a lot of gaz to slow down and stop

Then on the bottom first thing to do is closing the reel to avoid messing around with the line !!!!!!!

Hope it help

Jerome

RBW Member Mario will become famous soon enough Mario will become famous soon enough Mario will become famous soon enough Mario will become famous soon enough Mario's Avatar

Best compliments Jerome...I have two mads cave diving buddies:

Dr.JM from France and Northern Monkey from Manchester :D

New Member s75952004 is an unknown quantity at this point s75952004's Avatar

thanks for answering .
    I have dove the fla caverns and talked to many instructor and they keep reminding me of silt out conditions and being unable to see gauges , so I felt that zipping along in a scooter you would stir up all that silt .my hat is off to you to control reel and inflator buttons at same time wow :D :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast