+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HD Video Help

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Question HD Video Help

I am looking for any info on getting hi res pictures from HD video. I have a Sony HD video camera and housing and would like to download it to my MACBOOK to grab some good quality pictures off of the video. If anyone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks

Rob

Steve Sprague 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster is a glorious beacon of light 4ster's Avatar
    rEvo

Dolphin

Re: HD Video Help

Do you have iMovieHD, or are you using something else? I use a old DV camera so am not up on HD equipment, my DV uses a firewire cable to go from the camera to the computer. Once connected you control the camera through iMovie, choosing which images to upload as the camera plays.

The Evolution of Diving diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob is just really nice diverrob's Avatar
    Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by 4ster  View Original Post
    Do you have iMovieHD, or are you using something else? I use a old DV camera so am not up on HD equipment, my DV uses a firewire cable to go from the camera to the computer. Once connected you control the camera through iMovie, choosing which images to upload as the camera plays.
    I think it is iMovie HD but I am not sure. It just says iMovie 08. Once the video is on the hard drive can you capture a high quality still photo off of that?

Rob

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Two ways to do it, both hacks.

Open the video in 1:1 ratio on your screen and use Grap.app to take a screenshot of the window

In iMovie HD, find the right frame on the lower part of the screen, right click and say "Add Still Frame to Project" then go to the frame that was added in your project (upper part of the screen). Right click on it: "Reveal in Finder". You'll find a jpeg version of your full rez image there (1920x1080 pixels for me.).

Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by edasque  View Original Post
    Two ways to do it, both hacks.

Open the video in 1:1 ratio on your screen and use Grap.app to take a screenshot of the window

In iMovie HD, find the right frame on the lower part of the screen, right click and say "Add Still Frame to Project" then go to the frame that was added in your project (upper part of the screen). Right click on it: "Reveal in Finder". You'll find a jpeg version of your full rez image there (1920x1080 pixels for me.).
    Thanks I will give it a try!

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

I sense green coming my way !

Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

OK I am still having some problems getting the video on to the computer. The program sees the camera and has control over the camera but when I click on the import button the camera starts to play with no video showing on the MAC? I don't know what I am doing wrong I have the fire wire connected and it works with my PC just not the MAC. I will try to go down to a local computer shop but if anyone has any quick tips I would appreciate it. Thanks

Rob

rEvo III mini

What other applications do you ahve running ? When I see this behavior, I quit everything including iMovie then start iMovie by itself.

Hybrid Meg

MCCR Dolphin, Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by edasque  View Original Post
    What other applications do you ahve running ? When I see this behavior, I quit everything including iMovie then start iMovie by itself.
    I think it may be a compatibility problem with the camera and the software??? I am using the Sony HDR-HC3 so I will have to search for other ways to figure it out for now. Thanks for your help so far and I did send some green your way:)

rEvo III mini

HC5 7 and 9 work. I am sure the HC3 does to. It's HDV, tape based. Look into the apple forums (discussions.apple.com I think), usually very helpful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast