+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SHEARWATER ELECTRONICS - Revisions, Issues and Support

Stefan Besier caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7 has a reputation beyond repute caveseeker7's Avatar
    PRISM Topaz & Sport KISS

(still owned) MK15

SHEARWATER ELECTRONICS - Revisions, Issues and Support

jkaterenchuk suggested a sticked thread for Shearwater Electronics revisions and issues, good idea, thanks John.

With the Shearwater Pursuit being quite popular, the Deep Pursuit and the setpoint controller for rEvo II, Meg, etc being available this should be an easy to find spot for users and those who're interested to get updates and solve problems, as well as for Bruce, John and Brent to keep on top of it all.

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar
    Hammerhead, SF2, Megalodon, JJ

Boris, Sentinel, Inspiration,

Re: SHEARWATER ELECTRONICS - Revisions, Issues and Support

Good idea guys,

As of today (4.10.08) Bruce confirmed that a battery change in the computer will still clear tissue data.

rEvo's daddy
    paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers has a reputation beyond repute paulraymaekers's Avatar
    rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by tecdivertraining  View Original Post
    Good idea guys,

As of today (4.10.08) Bruce confirmed that a battery change in the computer will still clear tissue data.
    so a good advise is to change battery when the voltage drops below 3.3V.
    if you do it in advance, never a problem with a sudden empty battery

paul
    www.rEvo-rebreathers.com
    ...."Yes you have to pre-breathe to activate the scrubber sorb, anyone who says different doesn't know what they are talking about!"...
    .... to get more accurate CO2 injection in the breathing machine we put 2 mass flow controllers in series ...
    .... The noise is a few tens of nano-volts, so DL were able to reduce the output voltage ...
    .... radial scrubbers give longer dwell time than axials...
    .... the earth is flat and ...

RBW Member tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining is a name known to all tecdivertraining's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paulraymaekers  View Original Post
    so a good advise is to change battery when the voltage drops below 3.3V.
    if you do it in advance, never a problem with a sudden empty battery

paul
    not sure what your saying, as I understood it happened when you remove the battery (even if the battery is new) so what difference would the voltage of that battery make.

not sure what your saying, as I understood it happened when you remove the battery (even if the battery is new) so what difference would the voltage of that battery make.
    Meaning , if you change the battery before they get even close to going bad. You won't have a battery die on you during a dive or during your week and loose all your data....

Don't change battery if you still have dive data in it though.

It's not a issue for me. Mine is a old version running off my meg's battery's. LONG LONG life....

Quote Originally Posted by mverick  View Original Post
    Meaning , if you change the battery before they get even close to going bad. You won't have a battery die on you during a dive or during your week and loose all your data....

Don't change battery if you still have dive data in it though.

It's not a issue for me. Mine is a old version running off my meg's battery's. LONG LONG life....
    For some of the dive trips I make I would be clearing data a-lot or missing days /dives doing this.

Just out of interest how long are you getting from the meg pack running the shearwater control and what cells are they, is it running solinoid operation? as their is no built in display for checking the battery linked to the cell readings in the new meg/shearwater.

For some of the dive trips I make I would be clearing data a-lot or missing days /dives doing this.

Just out of interest how long are you getting from the meg pack running the shearwater control and what cells are they, is it running solinoid operation? as their is no built in display for checking the battery linked to the cell readings in the new meg/shearwater.
    I pull the pack and build another at 2 months. Probably last a lot longer. Think the shearwater is a ride along on the old version. But yes, they run the solenoid also.

For battery's I've used the lithiums. Saft c's. But, I'm planning to try the cheaper ones..

If it sits, I just pull them and build a new pack. Batteries are cheaper then a funeral.

But, mine is the first version from years ago. Not the last two versions. As in, ISC built the handset housings version.

CEO-Shearwater
    bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri has a brilliant future bgpartri's Avatar
    rEvo, JJ

Meg,CCR2000,KISS,Inspo,Dolphin

Matthew,

I am totally baffled here. Why would you remove a new battery?

The Pursuit will last about 100 hours of diving or about 6 months of standby.

Bruce
    The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance. It is the illusion of knowledge.
    http://www.shearwater.com

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Opps! I hate to sound negative but did'nt anyone learn from the issues with the old HH handsets not having a battery monitor function and the apparent issues that have been reported and discussed more times than I can count on this forum? It's crazy not to have a battery monitor so that you can have some level of confidence that the current or new batteries can make it thru the dive you are planning.

John

Quote Originally Posted by bgpartri  View Original Post
    Matthew,

I am totally baffled here. Why would you remove a new battery?

The Pursuit will last about 100 hours of diving or about 6 months of standby.

Bruce
    I wouldn’t it was purely hypothetical to see what his point was.

I made the mistake of using the saft LST 14500 which has failed after only 15 hrs so I had to change it and caused my tissue loss all I missed was the letter T, I do hope that using the saft LS 14500 will give me more than 15 hrs before my unit switches off mid dive like it did.

also I have no way of knowing the battery power that powers the cell readings unless i remove the battery prior to each dive and check it, thats no good either.