+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Open Revolution Apocalypse For Sale

All IMVHO obviously... Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field has a reputation beyond repute Ben Field's Avatar
    NVMCCR Inspiration

Classic KISS, Sport KISS

Re: Open Revolution Apocalypse For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Brad_Horn  View Original Post

Ben, some nice fiction here but then I guess facts spoil the story you want to write.
    Well, thats the difference between us Brad, I have no agenda or fairytale to promote. I'm just a user and forum member who remembers where it all began, back in the days of ETDC, Dasher Diving, 200mtr/min ascent rates and DishWashing his Inspiration Head, before the iCCR was even a twinkle in Alex's eye on the old email lists, you can try to make out people are against the Apoc but the truth is no one really cares that much about the unit but they are bothered by the constant promotion of it yet its STILL not available- you watch the change if it ever comes to fruition

I will not dignify the rest of your reply with a response because as usual you are comparing the current reality with an unavailable fiction.
    Every thread we have on this you trot out innumerable examples of how the tested and proven Apoc/iCCR beats the available units to death with the proverbial stick.

I could point out that your car is slow and dangerous- compared to Thrust SSC, it has never killed a single person and holds the land speed record, therefore it must be a better car as it has 100% safety record and does Mach1!

Until I can buy one, get a training course and go diving the Apoc/iCCR does NOT EXIST for comparison and practical purposes, as such even a SK is a "better" rebreather because it exists Afterall we don't compare current units to the Electrolung, UT240, Divex Stealth, Cis Lunar Mk5 and other unavailable kit, its pointless.

You will no doubt reply and tell me I can buy one but an O2 unit the customer must finish is not acceptable, nor is a deposit on something that doesn't ship.

FACT- With the exception of an O2 only unit, OSEL Do not have a usable rebreather on the market, End of.

I hope you get your money's worth and some electornics that work eventually, I hope Alex finally finished the iCCR and sells it successfuly.... but it is not the $1000 ECCR he promised with his "open" revolution, so much water has gone under that bridge most people don't even remember the promises

IMVHO, no story, no agenda.

RBW Member Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol's Avatar

Got to say I am just currently very bored of waiting and waiting.... My suspicion as to why it is currently taking an age for the iccr to arrive is probably down more to commercial reasons than anything else at the moment...

There certainly seems to be no end of spin off rebreather variants etc that are being developed by OSEL/ deeplife. I think that delivery may end up occurring based on the securing of other commercial/military projects rather than anything else.

It wouldn't surprise me if OSEl did some kind of tie up with an existing dive manufacturer to push the APOC... Maybe Apollo??.. Seems to be the way forward these days ie VR, Hollis, Poseidon etc

I guess that all the testing etc would probably be quite appealing to another company entering the market to be assured that rigour had been applied to the design process...

Guess we will all have to wait and see what comes out in the wash here unless anyone else has an inside track on this lot...

RBW Member Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol is just really nice Wol's Avatar

Just one other thought - whether the apoc arrives or not - I do believe that the things that have been published by OSEL have stimulated debates that may not otherwise occurred have spurred on the competition to continue to push their own technologies maybe harder and faster than they maybe otherwise would have done. So all in all - this probably does end up benefitting us end users - whether I ever see an apoc or not....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3