+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hello Kitty help us, we're going to Florida (October 31st, November 1st, 2nd)

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Hello Kitty help us, we're going to Florida (October 31st, November 1st, 2nd)

Hi guys,

my buddy Sam (Twain) and I are preparing a trip to Florida at the end of the month. We're flying in on the 30th and leaving on the 3rd. As such we'll be diving on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Our plan (I just talked to Captain Oliver) is to dive on Avid Divers on Friday and Saturday.

We're going to dive a selection of wrecks in the 100-150ft range. As you may know I don't feel comfortable (nor certified) to dive anything deeper just yet so that'll probably stay our plan.

We plan to dive morning and afternoon. Oliver tells me he needs a minimum of 3 divers on the boat which should be easy for Saturday but a bit less for Friday. I am thinking 2 long dives a day but maybe not, I am open.

For Sunday, we'd like to hit the Spiegel Grove and other local wrecks (Bib, Duanne, ...), on Conch Republic, maybe ?

We'd love to do a nice dinner with all, maybe on Sunday or Saturday night ?

So this is a call to all local (and traveling) rebreather divers and OC friends. Come dive with us, all of those days or some, let us know in this thread. Everyone take Friday off, let's dive, let's party !

Erik

P.S.: Can I borrow a set of AL13 (Howard ?) so I can have two pairs and an AL80/AL40 ?

Schedule (Updated 10/02/08 20:51 EST)
    ----------
    • Friday on Avid Divers (4/6): edasque, twain, Pipnaintez, ScubaDadMiami
    • Saturday AM on Avid Divers (5/6): edasque, twain, netmage, Pipnaintez, Monkey
    • Saturday PM on Avid Divers (4/6): edasque, twain, netmage, Pipnaintez
    • Sunday AM on Silent World (8/8, full boat): edasque, twain, netmage, ScubaDadMiami, swadiver, Dsix36, Pipnaintez, sfldiver / Waiting list: tienuts
    • Sunday PM on Silent World (8/8, full boat): edasque, twain, netmage, ScubaDadMiami, swadiver, Dsix36, Pipnaintez, sfldiver / Waiting list: tienuts
    Last edited by edasque; 5th October 2008 at 00:40.

Tim Owens netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage has much to be proud of netmage's Avatar

Re: Hello Kitty help us, we're going to Florida (October 31st, November 1st, 2nd)

I'm in for Saturday and Sunday all day...

Depending on interest; it might be easier to fill one of Silent World's boats and dictate the plan vs. jumping on a larger mixed boat w/ Conch Republic...

If needed I have a few AL40's and AL80's, assuming I remember them..... Right JC?

My unit can beat up yours JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97 has much to be proud of JCdesign97's Avatar
    Optima

Re: Hello Kitty help us, we're going to Florida (October 31st, November 1st, 2nd)

Quote Originally Posted by netmage  View Original Post
    ... If needed I have a few AL40's and AL80's, assuming I remember them..... Right JC?
    Traveling divers - be afraid ... be very afraid! This is Timmy's ultimate revenge for anyone who ever laughed at the Hello Kitty humor. He lulls you with his generosity about having cylinders to lend; but when you arrive he mysteriously 'forgets' them and then you're forced to dive alpine all week ... or have to grovel and scrounge for whatever scraggly tin happens to be laying around that might have a few hundred psi of semi-breathable gas in it. On one dive I had to resort to slinging an empty MD 20/20 bottle!

At one point Timmy pulled me aside and said "You want a bailout bottle? Go get the pink one from Fill Express, B*TCH!" I had no idea he was so angry about the whole thing ... :D

RBW Member crazyfrog is an unknown quantity at this point crazyfrog's Avatar
    Hollis Prism 2.

Megalodon.

Hi,
    I heard this boat the Avid Diver Is great, come out and try !!
    Jeez while you guys will be divin', I'll be stuck driving the bus ! (I would even dive on an Optima, anybody got a spare Captain license??), Just kidding, I actually have been able to dive quite a bit since our return from the Bahamas.(Hydro and Guy Harvey a couple times) Everytime I turned my head I was expecting to see Howard lurkin' around !

Hope to see you all, anyway!!

Ps: Eric you can stay over at my place if you bring the "sausisson" !

Oliver.

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Sorry Dude..thats DEMA in VEGAS....

Richie Burr diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb has much to be proud of diverreb's Avatar
    O2ptima FX

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey  View Original Post
    Sorry Dude..thats DEMA in VEGAS....
    DEMA is the week before that.... 10/22 - 10/25.

But that's OK.. I understand why people will use any excuse to avoid diving with someone so into Hello Kitty! :)

Richie

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

You are welcome to the Optima tanks. I have to check to make sure that the visual is still good. If not, I just have to take care of it before you get here. I should also have at least a 40 that you can use for the time that I am diving with you (see below), and pretty much anything you want in 40s or 80s for the days that I am not.

So far, my schedule is open for Friday. So, I might be able to take a spot then. (Still have to check on a couple of things to make sure).

Regarding Sunday, if someone is willing to do the drive (I can pitch in for gas), I might be able to see if we can get Conch Republic to do a single dive on the Spiegel for us even if they have other divers that will be making a double dip. (Still have to do some checking there also. Let me know if this is what you want to do so that I can make the inquiry.)

Surface Interval Clothing Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez will become famous soon enough Pipnaintez's Avatar

Im in for the Friday and Saturday dives. I will fly back on Sunday so I wont be able to make that dive.

Head Dishwasher
    Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey has a reputation beyond repute Monkey's Avatar
    Meg-Pathfinder-Evo +

Quote Originally Posted by diverreb  View Original Post
    DEMA is the week before that.... 10/22 - 10/25.

But that's OK.. I understand why people will use any excuse to avoid diving with someone so into Hello Kitty! :)

Richie

your right..... then I guess I can do the Saturday dive

Mostly cold ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown has a reputation beyond repute ChrisBrown's Avatar
    Evo+, Pos MKVI, Sentinel

rEvo II & III Minis & Micros

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaDadMiami  View Original Post
    Regarding Sunday, if someone is willing to do the drive (I can pitch in for gas), I might be able to see if we can get Conch Republic to do a single dive on the Spiegel for us even if they have other divers that will be making a double dip. (Still have to do some checking there also. Let me know if this is what you want to do so that I can make the inquiry.)
    I already have a trip scheduled for the SG on Sunday? I also offer SCRUBS members a discount. Not sure why you would want to drive further South to an Islamorada zip code to get on a boat and drive back North? Is there something I should know?:)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast