+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Hydro Trip Report with Addis Charters

Supporting Member Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36 has a reputation beyond repute Dsix36's Avatar
    rEvo

Defender Optima Dolphin

Hydro Trip Report with Addis Charters

First off, no matter how nice a crew is or how good they look in a bikini (NO not you Jeff), I cannot in good faith recommend this charter service to anyone. I will try to tell you how the days diving unfolded and let you make your own decisions.

It all started out yesterday when Jeff asked me about going out and diving the Lowrance. I jumped on the chance for another shot to dive this wreck. We worked out the dive profiles and what to bring for bailout etc. Then he hit me up with the costs - WHAT - He actually insisted that I go to Publix at 7:00 the next morning and buy lunch for myself AND the entire crew. Awefully expensive dive trip if you ask me. It must have cost me $12.00 or so. Of course I agreed to these terms, not wanting to appear cheap or anything.

Next thing is this, I had to drive to his house and carry my gear from the street through his yard to the dock. For some reason He was under the impression that my truck might not start and felt it was safer to be around support if needed. The nerve of this guy is unbelievable, at least he could have carried my gear for me.

OK we are loaded and getting underway. Did I mention that I had to untie the stern for him? At this rate I will be too tired to dive. Naturally, He could not judge the tide properly and we had to take the long route to clear the bridges. When we reach the inlet the seas are rougher than He thought they were going to be - can you say FORCAST - and the crew decided that it was too far and too rough of a boat ride to get to the Lowrance and that the Hydro was a better option. Might have been nice to be included in this decision. Hell, I had 2 alum 80's for bailout and was ready to break the 200' mark. Hydro it was anyway.

It seemed like it took forever to get hooked on the wreck. We had to keep floating in an attempt to judge the current and such. We finally got hooked and tied off. The boat is so small that I was forced to suit up and start my dive solo in an attemt to make enough room for the other 2 divers. This is were it gets scary, the other 2 divers were the crew - Capt. Jeff and his wife Danielle. If He wants to keep doing these technical charters there will need to be a bigger boat. It is just too crowded with rebrethers, 3 scooters, and all the tanks.

I did the dive and was having a blast playing with my new scooter and snapping pics along the way. We were planning to ascend together and the plan actually came together. They did, however, leave me hanging for several minutes by myself to complete deco.

When I finally boarded, Danielle was busting here arse pulling in all the staged tanks and scooters while Jeff was sitting on his butt. He didn't even have his rig off yet. As it would turn out, He had dropped the anchor. We decided to not strip down and just did a surface interval geared up. We ate lunch and had the dive winch (typed with love Danielle) fetch everything for us.

Jeff and myself hot dropped the wreck to recover the anchor. Jeff had the anchor line in his hand and I followed him down. Just as we located the wreck and we were swimming that direction, the anchor line stated to pull back. Yep, the divemaster had moved the boat and we missed the wreck. We were forced to ascend without the anchor. Danielle was laughing at us when we got up. She knew what she was doing the whole time.

All in All - absolutely nothing went like it was supposed to and the entire charter was a cluster f**k of astronomical proportions. They wouldn't even let me take my BO tanks home. They are still there for tomorrows dive. OH Yeah, I am very anxious to go out with them again to retrieve the anchor.

Jeff and Danielle may have slightly different viewpoints on this little adventure, but mine is the REAL story.

pics can be found here:
    HYDRO PICS

If anyone can figure out what Jeff was doing to Danielle on the deco line, I would really like to know. Looked kinda kinky to me.
    I guarantee that if you CLICK HERE you will not have your view blocked by clothing

Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    I could just be blowing smoke out my butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwinter  View Original Post
    And note the wisdom from DSix36
    MY ADVICE AND POSTS ARE WORTH EXACTLY WHAT YOU PAID FOR THEM!!!!!!
    POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS SO YESTERDAY AND I AM DONE WITH IT!!!!!

Moderator ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami has much to be proud of ScubaDadMiami's Avatar

Re: Hydro Trip Report with Addis Charters

So, we should rate this boat a "-1" on the S.C.R.U.B. list? :D Nice report.

RBW Member MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien is just really nice MarcLaukien's Avatar
    rEvo

Optima, HammerHead, KISS

What is Addis Charters? I never heard of them, nor can I find them with a Google search...

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by MarcLaukien  View Original Post
    What is Addis Charters? I never heard of them, nor can I find them with a Google search...
    They're a subsidary of Southwest LLC.

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Don

Thanks for the report. Reading between the lines are you implying that the boat was left topside with no one in control while everyone was diving?

John

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

yep been doing that way for 20 years

RBW Member jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk has a reputation beyond repute jkaterenchuk's Avatar
    HammerMeg

Kiss Classic, Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by swadiver  View Original Post
    yep been doing that way for 20 years
    Thanks for clarifying.

John

Monkey Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts has a reputation beyond repute Tienuts's Avatar
    KISS

Optima, Megalodon, KISS, rEvo

Quote Originally Posted by MarcLaukien  View Original Post
    They are a little husband and wife operation out of Boca.... they don't even have a website yet.

Underwater Paparazzi sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver has much to be proud of sfldiver's Avatar
    Dive Rite Optima

Quote Originally Posted by Tienuts  View Original Post
    They are a little husband and wife operation out of Boca.... they don't even have a website yet.
    As far as I'm concerned, they're hands down, the best charter in town!!

jeff addis swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver has a brilliant future swadiver's Avatar
    Revo

Optima

Right on!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast