+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New England Diving: U853 on October 4th, AM

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

New England Diving: U853 on October 4th, AM

Hi all, I bought 6 spots on Canned Air for October 4th. We're diving the U853 (two dives, it's likely) which is 125 feet to the sand (and 80-90) to the conning tower. We already have three RB on board. I am looking for at least two and maybe three more. Short drive from CT, MA, NH and even possibly Maine & NY. Let me know ! Erik

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

Re: New England Diving: U853 on October 4th, AM

good time of year to get out there..

if I may recommend....dive the USS Bass as dive #1 and the U-boat as dive 2 -or- dive the U=boat as dive 1 and the Block Island pinnacles as dive 2...lots of life out there this time of year.

Supporting Member edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque is a splendid one to behold edasque's Avatar
    rEvo III mini

Thanks for the recommendation. I think today we're a bit focused on the 853 (a dive we've always wanted to do) but I'll pass it along for consideration by the others. I certainly wouldn't mind checking out another wreck.

Want to do dinner with us on Friday night in Newport ?

for a world of water OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity is a splendid one to behold OceanOpportunity's Avatar
    homebuild/custom

thanks for the dinner invite. Will be out of town that weekend, otherwise I'd probably join you on the charter, and dinner. I haven't been out wreck diving since the spring.

You will enjoy the U-boat.. I mentioned the Bass since it is a 'bit more of a wreck', though deeper with the sand at 160-ish. One long RB dive on the 853 will cover all of it well. In the past, I've spent my 2nd dive on the 853 doing an easy penetration if it isnt too silted up after dive 1, or swimming the perimeter on the sand. There tends to be a fair bit of lost gear from newbies getting over there head out there.

good luck, and safe diving out there!

Sic Semper Tyrannis NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER is a splendid one to behold NEDIVER's Avatar

I'm in! and I am going to be cold as hell with a 7mm, Still have 4 weeks or so until the DUI dry suit is delivered.

Banned MB is an unknown quantity at this point MB's Avatar

Have a ball... if anyone wants wreck data, let me know as we're there weekly.
    It's a war grave, so be respectful. Bones are clearly visible thru the holes, even without penetration.

Man... I wish I could come, but sadly I'll be off flying. Looks like the Navy might buy these from the US Chair Force.....

(figures, damn it... )......

Really, I wish I could come... flying sucks compared to diving here.
    Hope the ocean settles down after this 'Noreaster passes thru.
    Just went down to the lighthouse at Point Judith and it's rock-and-roll.

Dave

++++++++++
    Attached Images
    Last edited by MB; 26th September 2008 at 21:12.

rEvo III mini

Hey Dave,

really wanted to dive on your boat and finally meet you. But Sam told me you're in dry dock right now. When is the boat back in the water in RI ?

Erik
    Last edited by edasque; 26th September 2008 at 21:21.

Quote Originally Posted by edasque  View Original Post
    Hey Dave,

really wanted to dive on your board and finally meet you. But Sam told me you're in dry dock right now. When is the boat back in the water in RI ?

I'm splitting to fly down at Test Pilot School for 2 weeks starting (yesterday), but sitting due to weather here in RI: Will likely transit down Monday. Back... two and a half weeks with the weather delay. Boat will be out of drydock before I come back, and I'll stay thru mid-November before I run her down to NJ for the winter. We ought to have a few U-Boat weekends in store before I move her.

In the spring, we'll start in April. It's cold, but clear. We had Porbeagle sharks there first dive the last two years in a row, so don't miss it.

Dave

RBW Member Nemo1957 is an unknown quantity at this point Nemo1957's Avatar
    Optima

Where does canned air sail from?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo1957  View Original Post
    Where does canned air sail from?

Jerusalem, RI, 'bout, oh.... two miles from where I'm sitting on EXPLORER.

Just went down to the lighthouse... man, the ocean is pissed. Surfers are all happy, but there sure isn't much diving going on. No way anyone could get out anywhere today. Ocean is the color of chocolate milk and a good ground swell overlain with wind chop rolling in from offshore. Nasty!

Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast