View Poll Results: Rank the contribution Dave ****** made to this forum.

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love you Dave. You made this forum interesting.

101 43.91%
  • Hate you Dave. This forum would have been if you were not here.

26 11.30%
  • Generally good Dave, but next time don't let the wasters let you lose your cool

103 44.78%
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Poll on Dave

Re: Poll on Dave

Quote Originally Posted by EBT  View Original Post
    Guys,

This talk of "i'll be banned for discussing this" is schoolyard. Im sure you'll disagree about the moderation, but you might notice we've got some 5+ threads which are being allowed to run with content about dave, which to me suggests a board thats willing to listen.

So now for some facts, not speculation/spin, facts;

1. Stuarts got a life and isnt watching the forum 24/7.
    2. We have previously had legal threats following discussion of ban reasons
    3. Dave is indeed an asset, but like everyone hes not perfect and flawless.
    4. Dave has a dispute with the mods (now primarily me, if we're being candid).
    5. This dispute is of course subject to review, but that requires a moderator/staff discussion and this takes time since the mods dont sit online 24/7.
    6. Whilst we've no reason to believe Dave would resort to legal action, it'd be careless to say the least for any moderator to make public statements that exposed Rebreather World to potential action.
    7. The mods are here because they believe in information sharing and wanted to facilitate that environment by freely donating their time. This is to avoid yet another useful forum dying in arguments etc (NWRB anyone?)
    8. Im saying no more, no matter what the response is (positive/negative) until such time as the staff have a debate.

Dont suppose anyone did some diving this weekend did they?
    I really don't understand your attitude
    if you have had good reason to ban dave there is no legal hazard to let the crowd know them
    you are telling us that you have good reasons to fear a legal action...
    we simply want to know why dave is not here anymore.

I can't stand Dave.

But, i like arguing with him... lol

Good guy with a lot of attitude. I like to the battle with him for the simple reason of it makes me think about how i do things. I don't agree with everything he does. But, i think he's trying to move the sport along. Just in a different direction then i am. Both still have the same goal. Safe diving

RBW Member stegri5 is an unknown quantity at this point stegri5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevin stone  View Original Post
    WOW even a Frenchman wants him back.
    How could anybody argue with that;).
    Kevin
    oh im not french im 100% english i just live and work here.

Quote Originally Posted by mverick  View Original Post
    I can't stand Dave.

But, i like arguing with him... lol

Good guy with a lot of attitude. I like to the battle with him for the simple reason of it makes me think about how i do things. I don't agree with everything he does. But, i think he's trying to move the sport along. Just in a different direction then i am. Both still have the same goal. Safe diving
    yes not everybody likes his style (((-: but he is always ready to help an exanple of this :

Funny to see on the home page of Rebreatherworld, the 6th major article on the first page, this from Marwan:
    the lvi-57 rebreather i asked ur help about before has been put to the test ...and it worked like a charm...up to 22.6meters so far ,,ill keep on testing it day in day out and after i install a b.c. on it ...other than that its a beauti... thanks to dave ****** and all u guys that responded to my cry of help in the past.....

Quote Originally Posted by stegri5  View Original Post
    oh im not french im 100% english i just live and work here.
    half of milion french living in the uk and half a milion brits living in France
    nice to get you in france
    jean mi

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmurba  View Original Post
    but he is always ready to help
    Yep, I asked him if he knew where I could get a certain valve, four days and 3000miles of Atlantic later there's one on my doorstep with a Fedex label on and never asked for a penny in return.

RBW Member pbsouthwood is an unknown quantity at this point pbsouthwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dsix36  View Original Post
    I think that he should fight back back. We all should.

It is called conviction and backing down is only an option when/if proven wrong.
    I remember a long dispute I had with Dave some years ago about the physics of constant mass flow. In the end he accepted my arguments, but it took some time. The point I wish to make is thatIn my experience Dave will accept argument against a point if you can provide either indisputable fact or compelling logic. He is not impressed by opinion or herd action. His own opinions may be opposed to mine and I suspect that I would not have a lot of common ground with him politically (then again this is just a guess, since we have never gone into this), but that comment may apply to almost anyone.

I found that Dave's contributions were on average both interesting and useful, and he shared real data, not just opinions, and as such was one of the more valuable contributors.
    I was not following the specific squabble that led to his eviction/retirement from this forum, but I know he does eventually get pissed off with fools and has been known to leave in a huff. If this was the case, it is a great loss to the community. If he was thrown out, and the moderators will not even admit it, then this forum is on the way down the drain.
    Cheers,
    Peter

RB diver... teknosofen is an unknown quantity at this point teknosofen's Avatar
    DCSC, Norge II, Norge III

Poll on Dave

Hi Folks!

(not having read what happened on the list relating to Dave this time)

I have been dealing with Dave since the mid 1990's on various lists and discussion forums and I an sad to once again experience Dave leaving (or being kicked out) of another forum after a dispute.

I and Dave have not always agreed in our discussions but isnt that the reason for a discussion? My dealings with Dave both on and off list have been good.

I am very very sorry when I perceive that that ego, religion, and fundamentalism obscures the real reason for a forum like this, namely learning and sharing knowledge and experience.

// Åke

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6