View Poll Results: Rank the contribution Dave ****** made to this forum.

Voters
230. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love you Dave. You made this forum interesting.

101 43.91%
  • Hate you Dave. This forum would have been if you were not here.

26 11.30%
  • Generally good Dave, but next time don't let the wasters let you lose your cool

103 44.78%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Poll on Dave

Banned - Threat of Litigation AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9 has a reputation beyond repute AD_ward9's Avatar

Poll on Dave

As it says on the can, almost.

It should have said:

1. Love you Dave. You made this forum interesting.
    2. Hate you Dave. This forum would have been better if you had not been here.
    3. Generally good Dave, but next time don't let the wasters trick you into losing your cool.

This is a requiem for Dave ******, like an obituary summing up a guy's contribution. Of course Dave is still very much alive and kicking, but just dead to this forum.
    Last edited by AD_ward9; 20th September 2008 at 07:42.

Explorers Exodus Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing's Avatar
    rEvo-II

Re: Poll on Dave

He's missed.

Allthough some of the prominent memebers here have very big egos, if you can get past that they provide 90% of the good info on this board.

I've only read few post where I disagreed with the factual statements he provided.

Edit: According to TOS, the 'cancelled' means that he choose to close the account? So he could return some day - take a year off see if you wanna come back then dude.

Nicolai
    Last edited by Hanssing; 20th September 2008 at 07:29.

Nicholas Smith Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo has a reputation beyond repute Abbo's Avatar
    Megalodon

Dave was one of the half dozen people I log on for. I don't have the time or the skills to make my own rebreather, but reading his experiences about doing so taught me a lot. He has written a lot of good sense over the years. I think the amount that a person takes the trouble to help other, less experienced people - by sending designs, or things he'd made, or just the benefit of experience - says far more about that person than the number of blobs he gets (and he had plenty). Though it's been made to look as if he cancelled his own account, he didn't: he was banned. That deliberate mislabeling is low. I watch a lot of vitriolic attacks on Dave and Alex - and am and DrMike, and just don't understand how diving can inspire such animosity in people - and against the people who have been the most generous with their considerable knowledge. I think I am right in saying that all of them have been banned at some time. We're seeing a lot fewer contributions from them, and a lot more of the drab "what do I do when my batteries run out" variety of post from others. The site is in danger of losing critical mass: that would be an incredible loss. RBW used to be something special.

Explorers Exodus Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing has a brilliant future Hanssing's Avatar
    rEvo-II

Quote Originally Posted by Abbo  View Original Post
    Though it's been made to look as if he cancelled his own account, he didn't: he was banned. That deliberate mislabeling is low.
    Your kidding right?
    That IS low, not standing by what you did - I think yanks calls it 'yellow'

The big hole where no one is allowed to talk about banning and the staff does not issue a statement is not helping either!
    I for one think the TOS should be rewritten as they are the guidelines for the moderators.

I think the moderators need to come forward and explain, as this is too big to be swept under the rug - even though they can try to do so hiding behind the TOS.
    The TOS does not prevent them from dicussing it, it just allows them to quelch any discussing.

Nicolai

Ossi gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi has much to be proud of gerstl_ossi's Avatar
    eCCR Hybrid Homebuild

pSCR RO80 Homebuild, LightMCCR

Quote Originally Posted by Hanssing  View Original Post
    He's missed.

Allthough some of the prominent memebers here have very big egos, if you can get past that they provide 90% of the good info on this board.

I've only read few post where I disagreed with the factual statements he provided.

Edit: According to TOS, the 'cancelled' means that he choose to close the account? So he could return some day - take a year off see if you wanna come back then dude.

Nicolai
    Agree with Nicolai, read many post and threads from Dave and find them more than 90% very, very interesting - who can that say from our post :D
    So Dave would be great to have You back in the forum
    Cheers Oswald
    Last edited by gerstl_ossi; 20th September 2008 at 08:41.

RBW Member Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko is a jewel in the rough Mikel-Deko's Avatar
    HH Inspiration / Joki

Dolphin, Megalodon, RGU

Hi
    I've not more than good words for Dave ******.
    I think that he always was helpping more than anoying people.
    My vote to say "i would like to have Dave back on"

By the way, i don't like censured in any state... so not here...

Cheers
    Mikel

sounds like a trollop CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee has a reputation beyond repute CeeBee's Avatar

As a man, Dave ****** is a gentleman of the highest order. As a diver, I only know that a lot of people whose opinion I respect, take notice when he posts. Clever people are able to take what they need and ignore the rest. Whatever the reason behind his cancelled membership, whether you like his writing style or not, this forum just lost one of its biggest assets and I hope it's a temporary situation.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

Daves a great guy to have on here. He suffers from the same problems as my M8 Ammers and the lovley Dr Mike in that he also suffers from toy / pram tantrums but thats OK.

More importantly he knows what hes talking about and puts in the time and effort to write it down for us and thats a valuble asset on any forum.

I dont know if he jumped or was pushed? I havent seen much in the way of heavy handed moderation on here for a while so i dont think thats a very fair accusation either.

What ever i hope it all blows over and Dave comes back on the site.

I am still hoping for a go in his jet :D

ATB

Mark

RBW Member Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy has much to be proud of Dutchy's Avatar

Over time I got tired of reading he was a fighter pilot (no need to 'prove' credibility) BUT that never stopped me from reading his posts. Even in the few cases I thought he was wrong (insignificant wrongs IMHO) he shed intereseting light on the matter. Despite never having dived with him he's in the top 5 of divers that I learned (selectively picked the things that passed my personal filter) from. Whatever the reason it saddens me to see him go.

So many CCR So little etc Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase has a reputation beyond repute Mark Chase's Avatar
    JJ Hybrid

Inspo, Hammer Head, KISS rEvo

I am now told he was banned and didn't leave of his own volition.

As a result of this info Id appeal to the mods to re look at Dave's input to this site and reflect on the fact the good far out weighs any bad.

Frankly I found his "bad" to be fairly tame so i am surprised it got that far.

ATB

Mark

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast