Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Dave ******

Re: Dave ******

Quote Originally Posted by barney  View Original Post
    OK, fine. I will agree with you here that everyone that followed the thread knows what's the fact, especially judging by all those precious green blobs I got confirming Dave was self-righteous and holier-than-thou-art, and my initial self-defense was righteous and appropriate.

:D
    was he banned cause he was judged self-righteous and holier-then-thou ?
    the problem is that dave has always been the same over the year and rebreather world is just the second global forum in the history and it certainly not gonna be the last cause nothing lasts for ever in life.
    certain can judge is attitude self-righteous and holier-then-thou others not and simply think that he has his personnality.
    if you banned him for this you should have banned him years ago cause Dave has always had the same behaviour.
    I notice you start giving a justification...go on please
    regards
    jean mi

Diving Technologist JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba has a brilliant future JS1scuba's Avatar
    KISS Classic # 275

MK15, Draeger, TheKyle-CCR

Is Dave back yet ? I've been underwater the past 26 hours with the wife and kids and the dive club. I've missed all the stuff going on.

Where's Dave ?

[IMG]http://www.divethemonitor.com/images/dave-******-250.jpg[/IMG]

Dive Junkie Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O is a glorious beacon of light Dave O's Avatar
    KISS Classic

Kiss Spirit, Sidekick, GEM

Quote Originally Posted by JS1scuba  View Original Post
    Is Dave back yet ? I've been underwater the past 26 hours with the wife and kids and the dive club. I've missed all the stuff going on.
    First off, I'm sure Barnie and Brandon had no interest in Dave being banned! When I read the threads, it appears that Dave reacted to their comments, then called them out. It appears they defended themselves, and Dave is now licking his wounds off line.

If Dave was banned, none of the Mods are responding either way. This is bad!

A few personal notes I've gathered:

1) Joel's pictures of Dave are very annoying.

2) Joel should note that his scrubber is only rated for 3 hours. 26 hours is not recommended, and I would like to see the dive log.

3) No mater what Dave's background (as questionable and controversial as it is), I would not recommend confronting Barnie on the subject of ship wrecks. Mike has forgotten more about wrecks than most of us will ever know. While I've never had the pleasure of meeting Mike personally, many people that I hold in respect, hold him in respect.

4) For the recorded, its Doctor Brandon. He's a great diver, and enjoys wreck diving and research.

5) I've contradicted Dave and AM in the past, only to be met with the "you don't know wtf your talking about" attitude. While I'm man enough to brushed it off, I must admit, it only stifles real conversation. A real exchange of information encourages people to get involved. It does not include the chest pounding.

I'm not a test pilot, but I know a few that sit entranced by my simple diving stories. So which is more impressive?

RBW Member Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius is a jewel in the rough Johan Pretorius's Avatar
    Inspiration Classic

IDA-72, IDA-71

Hallo

I am one of the forum members that is here to learn, and at this stage in my rebreather diving career, I do not feel that I have enough knowledge relating to rebreathers to really attribute to the site's knowledge core and pool, and the less "noise" there is, the better and clearer the real info can come to the members, so I try and keep my noise level down - Then people like Alex Ward, Dave ******, Dr Mike and many others come along, and contribute their knowledege to this forum, and its members, free of charge, voluntarily, and you can place a value on their knowledge and insight.

The latest events made me think about the site and the value on it.
    One of the moderators, told Dave ****** as follows "This is an enterprise, not a democracy" http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=21061

This forum has no actual value, except for a name and a hosting cost.
    But its value lies in the investment of knowledge done by its members.
    Any enterprise needs investors.
    Some invest financially and some invest other types of value, such as skills and knowledge.
    The forum cannot exits without all the different types of investment.

An investor has a certain "right" in the enterprise due to the investment made in an enterprise. These rights are normally referred to as shares, or whatever other terms wants to be used.
    Once you have a share in something, you have a responsibility towards the enterprise, and the enterprise has a reciprocal responsibility towards the investor.

On a public forum such as this, the members are not being renumerated for their input, or their investment in the enterprise, so they are not workers or laborers, that have to report to a management. Then if they are not laborers, they must be shareholders and they must have a say as to how the "assets" being the pool of knowledge gathered here, should be utilised.
    Therefore, a public enterprise becomes a democracy as the "owners" are not the only persons with a share in this enterprise, and the shareholders have a right of decision in the management of their investment.

I do not know if this post hi jacks the thread, I certainly do not hope so and that is not the purpose.
    I feel that input from people like Dave ****** is worth a lifetime of diving to me, and unfortunately I do not have a lifetime to re-invent the wheel.
    Most of what i know from Rebreathers have come from the likes of Dave and some other members on the forum.
    Their inputs have made things a lot safer and with increased safety and awareness, lives are saved. And every life saved....
    And that added-value has no price tag, and will never have.

Maybe time for a democracy, as the current autocracy is not working, and the real investors will invest somewhere else, and once the inputs are not forthcoming, all the investors pull out, If the investors pull out, there is no hope for the enterprise.

Best regards

Johan

Hello,

your post is really interesting, wouaw,
    this a really accurate analyze of the internet economy.
    In fact it is all about viral marketing.
    Viral marketing is a way of relying on popular sites owners, lists, blogs etc to spread information as for certain products.
    Where else can a rebreather maker go to spread his product information now ? nowhere
    The very question you are asking now is : when an amateur forum aimed at sharing information about a sport with no profit purposes (safety, entertainement, news etcetc) becomes a business ?
    the anwser or one of the anwser is : when the free contributors start feeling that they are only a viral marketing mean, or when the balance between amateur spirit and commercial purpose is not there anymore.

This is not easy for the big sites owner's to find the rigth balance,
    I am sure they don't get a lot of money in this market (rebreather) but on the other hand they realize that it would be a shame not to develop the buisiness.

we all benefit from the fact that rebreather world has become a commercial site, just because all information is centralized here, because we know that the makers are there , that we can put them in competition.

we all benefit from information the rbw dema group get before every body

but on the other hand we are not anymore in an old gang of pionners making rebreathers in their garage and disccussing accurate problems they encounter.

but a balance between the 2 must be found cause if the free contributor don't take pleasure to contribute, the site will mabye loose audience .

the fact is that some of the free contributor will demand a special recognition both from the member and the staff

the recognition in rbw comes from the member's when they blob green,

the problem comes when a free contributor getting huge recognition is banned by the staff.

at this moment we get back to the initial problem , are we in a democraty ?

how come a memember getting a huge recognition can be banned ?

the balance is not easy to find, this balance as a matter of fact could be called a democraty.

what is a democraty today ?

it is an organization where those who have the power are always roughly the same but where the power has to deal with counter powers .

like in our moderns socities one of the biggest counterpower is public opinion.

Power has chosen to ban a member, we are in a sort of monarchy (I am not against constitutional Monarchy), the people in it's apparent majority disagrees with the sentence and the King has to manage this difficult situation.

regards

jean mi

ps: like dave said I hope that rebreather world will survive and go on growing,
    personnaly I am sure that Stuart who seems to be a Wise King will find a balance.

regards

jean mi

Quote Originally Posted by divingtoors  View Original Post
    Hallo

I am one of the forum members that is here to learn, and at this stage in my rebreather diving career, I do not feel that I have enough knowledge relating to rebreathers to really attribute to the site's knowledge core and pool, and the less "noise" there is, the better and clearer the real info can come to the members, so I try and keep my noise level down - Then people like Alex Ward, Dave ******, Dr Mike and many others come along, and contribute their knowledege to this forum, and its members, free of charge, voluntarily, and you can place a value on their knowledge and insight.

The latest events made me think about the site and the value on it.
    One of the moderators, told Dave ****** as follows "This is an enterprise, not a democracy" http://www.rebreatherworld.com/showthread.php?t=21061

This forum has no actual value, except for a name and a hosting cost.
    But its value lies in the investment of knowledge done by its members.
    Any enterprise needs investors.
    Some invest financially and some invest other types of value, such as skills and knowledge.
    The forum cannot exits without all the different types of investment.

An investor has a certain "right" in the enterprise due to the investment made in an enterprise. These rights are normally referred to as shares, or whatever other terms wants to be used.
    Once you have a share in something, you have a responsibility towards the enterprise, and the enterprise has a reciprocal responsibility towards the investor.

On a public forum such as this, the members are not being renumerated for their input, or their investment in the enterprise, so they are not workers or laborers, that have to report to a management. Then if they are not laborers, they must be shareholders and they must have a say as to how the "assets" being the pool of knowledge gathered here, should be utilised.
    Therefore, a public enterprise becomes a democracy as the "owners" are not the only persons with a share in this enterprise, and the shareholders have a right of decision in the management of their investment.

I do not know if this post hi jacks the thread, I certainly do not hope so and that is not the purpose.
    I feel that input from people like Dave ****** is worth a lifetime of diving to me, and unfortunately I do not have a lifetime to re-invent the wheel.
    Most of what i know from Rebreathers have come from the likes of Dave and some other members on the forum.
    Their inputs have made things a lot safer and with increased safety and awareness, lives are saved. And every life saved....
    And that added-value has no price tag, and will never have.

Maybe time for a democracy, as the current autocracy is not working, and the real investors will invest somewhere else, and once the inputs are not forthcoming, all the investors pull out, If the investors pull out, there is no hope for the enterprise.

Best regards

Johan

RBW Member Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike has a reputation beyond repute Drmike's Avatar

Am I missing something?

Ive read through all his recent posts that I can see now, and cant see anything Daves ever written that is remotely as unacceptable as the crap Ive got away with in the past (and recently) - yet I'm not banned......and its still there

I don't know the facts behind his banning perhaps theres something going on behind the scenes we are not privy to or posts that to owners justified banning have been removed so we cant see them - I don't know the facts.

The only fact I do know for sure is that there was a vendetta against Dave from some people 'inside' the inner circle, running in the background since he 1st joined the forum. [wonder if I still have the 'call to arms' PMs...]

Its no surprise to me hes been banned, these inner circle people have wanted him gone from day one. But I can only assume he posted something we are not seeing that prompted his banning.

To me its telling that if you put all his worst posts together they look almost pleasant and welcoming compared to some of the ridiculous sh1t ive got away with - yet I'm not banned........

Well anyway like I said in the other thread about RBW future, Forums wax and wane - this is just part of the forum lifecycle. RBW has had its heyday. Pointless trying to deny that and you cant turn the clock back

hell is in the details Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T is just really nice Marc T's Avatar
    JOKI/rEVO/HOME MADE

EDO04 Ray

Isnt it possible that Dave ****** simply gave up the forum without being banned, simply worrying too much about all that "noise"?
    Does somehone know for sure that he has been banned, I perhaps simply missed that?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc T  View Original Post
    Isnt it possible that Dave ****** simply gave up the forum without being banned, simply worrying too much about all that "noise"?
    Does somehone know for sure that he has been banned, I perhaps simply missed that?

Salut Marc,
    you missed that, He was banned this is sure (mails to be and other members).
    regards
    jean mi

New Member Lure_Angler is an unknown quantity at this point Lure_Angler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firemandiver  View Original Post

I don't know DS personally and wouldn't recognize him if he knocked on my door, but he has taken the time to reply to my posts, or even PM a time or two with info that was valuable to me. Even though I dive, in his words a technologically dead Dolphin, he has been helpful. I'm sure there are many others who he has helped as well. Is it not the main goal of this site to share experience and grow the rebreather community as a whole?
    I share the same view. Could still remember the helpful hammering he gave me when i posted my first disastrous home build.

Tian Chang

MEGalomaniac Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic is just really nice Benthic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JS1scuba  View Original Post

Where's Dave ?

[IMG]http://www.divethemonitor.com/images/dave-******-250.jpg[/IMG]
    Joel,

You're photo campaign is getting annoying. Don't you have some used cars to sell?

Brian

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9