+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sports Kiss PO2 read out problems

l MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD's Avatar
    classic, sports Kiss

Azimuth, mccr azi

Sports Kiss PO2 read out problems

Had a PO2 read out play up today, stated giving me negative readings that jumped about erractically, then gave the following -1...

On inspection, there was a touch of moisture in the Readout. On stripping down, the read out works fine when inserted into another battery base, so it has no problem. but any read out module plugged into the battery base gives negative readouts. And that is irrespective of whether the senor is connected or not.

Have cleaned the board in acetone, and that reduced the read out value, but it is still negative. Asumed it was tracking across the board, but still can't get it to work.

Sensor is fine, battery is fine, both not contributing.

The moisture ingress is most likely from a snag and momentary movment in the gland, total moisture only resulted in several droplets in one area, was hard to see it was that small an amount

Any help appreciated

Matt

RBW Member Andy T is just really nice Andy T is just really nice Andy T is just really nice Andy T is just really nice Andy T is just really nice Andy T is just really nice Andy T is just really nice Andy T is just really nice Andy T is just really nice Andy T is just really nice Andy T's Avatar
    Mk 15

Classic KISS

Re: Sports Kiss PO2 read out problems

This appears to be a fairly common problem. There is a recent thread "Classic KISS calibration" that you should check out. Seems that it is usually due to a dud battery, a poor battery conection or water in the electronics. I would suggest removing the cover and letting the electronics dry out completely. Does the backlight come on? This should give an indication of whether the battery is good, even new batteries can sometimes be duds.

Hope this helps.

Acme Serpentine Lubricant lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland has a reputation beyond repute lizardland's Avatar

If the readout is steady, not fluctuating and accurate but giving a negative figure then the connection to the sensor has been reversed. Could be that the wiring has been done back to front or that the plug has been fitted to the sensor the wrong way round (can't remember off the top of my head if the molex connectors on the KISS have anything to stop this, I know some that you buy from electronics shops don't).

Banned Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del is a name known to all Andy Del's Avatar
    JJ, it rocks!

Sports KISS

I've had a similar thing happen with one display. It had negative readings when disconnected from the cell. Best bet is to sit down, open a beer, and wait for it to dry out. Of course, this may take more than 1 beer to accomplish. I suggest a case of Corona. It will get better soon!

cheers

Andy

Flaccid Member abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie is a splendid one to behold abowie's Avatar
    Dammit I bought another KISS

CK, SK, Satori, ManBagOD

Water + electronics = bin.

MixedGas gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan has a spectacular aura about gathan's Avatar

I had a similar problem a few days ago on my CK. After trying many things including replacing the sensor that, I finally called JETSAM. What they told me was that the negative reading was indicative of a bad LCD module. They sent me a new one overnight - as I was getting ready to go away - and everything started working fine.....for one dive only. That particular display was reading roughly 1.5 to 2% too high for most of the dive. Although I no longer have a "-1", I again cannot calibrate the sensor. After the dive today, and after dis-assembling the unit, I turned all 3 displays on. Two of them are rock steady and the problematic one's reading just kept going back and forth - erratic.

l MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD is a glorious beacon of light MHD's Avatar
    classic, sports Kiss

Azimuth, mccr azi

Well. it's bin now, After getting it working again, the unit totally flooded today on a dive, crack in the plastic housing where the gland locates into the poly shell. I obviously overtightened it last night while getting things sorted for today, and split the threaded area, showed up really easy after I got in the water Flooded as soon as I hit the water

But it was worth it, got to play with a manta ray while on the dive. Great experience , swam wing tip to finger tip with it for ages, that and had a very large turtle try rubbing noses with me, was way to curious for my taste

Time to talk to Gordon again and order some more bits.

Matt
    Last edited by MHD; 20th November 2005 at 09:18. Reason: spelling

Classic KISS Pilot Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz has a spectacular aura about Rickoz's Avatar
    Classic KISS

Talking Re: Sports Kiss PO2 read out problems

Matt Matt Matt did we forget to unscrew all those thumbs & put on some fingers

Sporty, Spritely KISSer nl_carey is an unknown quantity at this point nl_carey's Avatar

Don't got tempting fate Rick - your unit doesn't have a fantastic history!

classic, sports Kiss

Azimuth, mccr azi

Quote Originally Posted by Rickoz
    Matt Matt Matt did we forget to unscrew all those thumbs & put on some fingers
    Rick, Rick, Rick, you should of come out, rather than wimping out

zero current on St Paul, 20 plus m vis, same on Aarhus, but also had manta ray and huge turtle swimming with us.

Matt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast